Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird dash Cluster/ Radio Issue

Old 08-10-2022, 06:00 PM
DinoB
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Weird dash Cluster/ Radio Issue

2003 Ex 6.0. Some weird **** going on with gauge cluster. About a month ago I noticed that when I got in, after remote start, the trip odometer was not showing but the odometer reading was displayed. This was odd as I ALWAYS keep track of miles with the trip odometer for mileage … etc. thought nothing of it and guessed I may have selected it and forgot to go back to trip odo. 2 days later… got in and out key in position to see GP idiot light. When I keyed it on to this position my cluster went crazy… Speedo and tach maxed out… temp and oil gauges did the same. It was over in about 5 seconds and truck started and ran fine. BTW the trip odometer display switched back to regular odometer after this happened. Since then this has happened more frequently and can get it to repeat about 50-60% of the time on start up. It is also starting to happen when I am driving. When it does happen all of the idiot display and the radio powers down. It only lasts for seconds and the truck runs fine. Also, I have read that the power windows may be effected with these symptoms but mine seem to work fine when this is going on. Like I said… it is very brief but when it is happening I have operated the windows and they seem to work fine. Looking at wiring diagrams it makes no sense to me why the radio would be involved because they don’t share a power source? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Ty

Old 08-10-2022, 06:40 PM
DaveNay
Cross-Country
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
I'd give the peeps over at Circuit Board Medics a shout. They fixed my instrument cluster that was having the common intermittent radio and power windows issue.

@CircuitBoardMedics

Old 08-10-2022, 07:39 PM
DinoB
Mountain Pass
Thanks. Already spoke with them about it. Unfortunately they do not repair the ‘03 excursion cluster.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:41 PM
DaveNay
Cross-Country
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by DinoB
Thanks. Already spoke with them about it. Unfortunately they do not repair the ‘03 excursion cluster.
Really? That's strange. They repaired my '02 Excursion cluster. What makes the '03 special?

Their web site says "2002-2005": 2002 - 2005 Ford Excursion Instrument Cluster Repair | CBM (circuitboardmedics.com)

Old 08-11-2022, 03:24 AM
DinoB
Mountain Pass
Not sure. I saw the same thing on their site. A rep that I talked to on the phone said the only thing they can repair on that cluster is the odometer…. Nothing else?

Old 08-11-2022, 10:22 AM
CircuitBoardMedics
SPONSOR
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DinoB
Not sure. I saw the same thing on their site. A rep that I talked to on the phone said the only thing they can repair on that cluster is the odometer…. Nothing else?
@DinoB Unfortunately, the customer support rep you spoke to was looking at the wrong listing and didn't give a correct answer. We're sorry that we didn't serve you properly in this situation. We absolutely do repair those clusters--you can use the same link DaveNay left in the post above yours. If you'd be willing to work with us, please call back and let the support rep who answers know what's going on with your cluster, and remind them that you've called already. We'd love to help you out.

We specialize in repairing and rebuilding circuitry in automotive modules. By repairing these components, CBM offers customers an alternative to high cost replacement parts and a timely solution for malfunctioning vehicles.
Visit us at www.CircuitBoardMedics.com or call us at 800-547-2049.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:34 AM
DinoB
Mountain Pass
I will be giving you a call. Thank you. Mistakes happen.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-14-2022, 07:16 AM
gotBooched
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CircuitBoardMedics
@DinoB Unfortunately, the customer support rep you spoke to was looking at the wrong listing and didn't give a correct answer. We're sorry that we didn't serve you properly in this situation. We absolutely do repair those clusters--you can use the same link DaveNay left in the post above yours. If you'd be willing to work with us, please call back and let the support rep who answers know what's going on with your cluster, and remind them that you've called already. We'd love to help you out.
serve this!!!!!

Old 08-14-2022, 09:20 AM
DinoB
Mountain Pass
Gave them a call. Going to remove cluster and send it to them. They were great on the phone.

The following users liked this post: