1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Manufacturer-2011 F-250

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM
jerseyphil
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Manufacturer-2011 F-250

I just joined this site because I'm so excited.
I am waiting delivery of my new 2011 Ford F-250 CC 6.7 Diesel Short Bed.

I ordered it with the FX4 package and was required to select all-terrain tires, which is great, BUT, I am curious about the brand of tires I will receive.

My option code is TCD, LT265/70R17E All-Terrain OWL tires.

I would surely appreciate the answer, and I hope this isn't repeating someone else's previous post. I apologize if it is.

Thanks,
Phil

Old 08-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Byram
Posting Guru

Tires - That was my designated size also. Mine came with BF Goodrich "Rugged Trail" tires... I ordered the same FX4 package & all. I could be that they use a couple of suppliers but that is what I saw on other trucks at the stealership ..

I am not sure what you like - but I wanted something more aggressive (BFG M/T) so I called Discount Tire and at 750 miles they bought mine 4 (not the spare) for about $310.00.. which paid for a little over 1 tire 285/17 Bfg M/T..

Old 08-05-2010, 04:58 PM
jerseyphil
New User
Thanks Byram,

I'll have to stop by my dealership.
Maybe my salesman can find out for me.
And while there, I'll check out the other SuperDutys in the lot.

Regards,
Phil

Old 08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
GLC
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the 2011 F350 with 18" rims and "All-Terrain" tire option. Mine came with Continental Contitrac TR tires. Not hardly an "All-Terrain" tire but more like an all season tire. I have found them great on dry and wet highways, but I've spun on wet grass already forcing a shift into 4WD to get around on my hilly fields.

I have not seen any tires on Super Duty's with 17" or 18" rims in my area that weren't Continental tires.

The trucks I've seen with the 20" wheel option have all have Michelin ATX's which look like a pretty decent tire.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 AM
jerseyphil
New User
GLC

Thanks for your reply. Many posts I've read have said a tire with Steel sidewall is best for towing, especially for a truck with Single Rear Wheels. It is not likely I will get steel sidewalls from the dealer.

I think I will talk to my salesman and ask about swapping the tires before I take possession.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 AM
JLDickmon
Elder User
Originally Posted by jerseyphil
GLC

Thanks for your reply. Many posts I've read have said a tire with Steel sidewall is best for towing, especially for a truck with Single Rear Wheels. It is not likely I will get steel sidewalls from the dealer.

I think I will talk to my salesman and ask about swapping the tires before I take possession.
it's also unlikely you'll get steel body plies in that size, period.

and the salesman ain't gonna wanna hear it...

Old 08-07-2010, 11:48 AM
DIXIEDOG1
Elder User
My 2010 came with BFGoodrich Rugged Trails and the 2011's I looked at did as well at the same dealership...the only trucks that came with Continentals there were the ones that didn't have the all-terrain tire option. All but a couple had the BFGoodrich tires.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:44 PM
5moons
Junior User
Just picked up my new 250 KR SRW SB CC, no FX4, I got Continentals as well. They should be fine for anything but mud and deep snow which I won't encounter any time soon. Hope to get good mileage out of them. Old truck had Michelin LTX MS, will no doubt go with them when this one is ready for a new set.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:06 AM
jerseyphil
New User
My Truck arrived at the dealership. Amazing.... only 5 weeks from when I ordered it.

It has the BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires.

I haven't taken delivery yet, but I saw it yesterday. It is Gorgeous!!

Anyone have experience with these tires?

Phil

Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
TEAM HARD
Senior User
Yeah, I've had both the Rugged Trails and the Conti craps. Neither are worth keeping in my opinion. The Rugged Trails are ok traction/wear for the typical highway driver, any true offroad, greasy mud, or even wet grass on a slope and they fail. The conti's arent even worth talking about... they would slip on wet asphalt going up a steep hill... they are a closed shoulder tire that fails to do anything but do really good burnouts. Thats precisely what I did... burnt them down to the wires and threw em away.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
So I pick up my new 2010 F250 6.4 CC tomorrow because I had to have the truck delivered from another dealer. I have the 275/70R18 All terrain option for $955 and wouldn't you know it, it has the Continental tires. How the hell anyone considers these tires to be all terrain is beyond me. Looks like truck highway all-seasons to me... The dealer isn't interested in doing anything about it either, imagine that. It really pisses me off actually, the thought of paying extra for Continental tires.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Wagion
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not to be a smart @$$ but do your research before you buy. Yeah it can be hard to remember everything but you did get a shock upgrade and transfer case and gas tank skid plates

Old 10-04-2010, 06:41 PM
coobie
Senior User
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF
So I pick up my new 2010 F250 6.4 CC tomorrow because I had to have the truck delivered from another dealer. I have the 275/70R18 All terrain option for $955 and wouldn't you know it, it has the Continental tires. How the hell anyone considers these tires to be all terrain is beyond me. Looks like truck highway all-seasons to me... The dealer isn't interested in doing anything about it either, imagine that. It really pisses me off actually, the thought of paying extra for Continental tires.
I feel your pain My 2011 ford SD came with the same JUNK Continental tires also.The get a pretty sheety rating at www.tirerack.com also.coobie

Old 10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
RUFFSTUFF
Senior User
Originally Posted by coobie
I feel your pain My 2011 ford SD came with the same JUNK Continental tires also.The get a pretty sheety rating at www.tirerack.com also.coobie

They get a craptastic rating everywhere apparently. Except for a couple of people who obviously have no idea what a decent tire is and live in ignorant bliss...

Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
They have been putting the Conti on the 18" wheels for years. Should be no surprise that is what came with your truck. If you didn't want Conti, you should have ordered the truck with the base tires and bought rims and tires after you took delivery.

If you don't like them, trade them in with your local tire dealer.

There is no way Ford will meet the tire expectation of several hundred thousand truck buyers each year. It's all a matter of compromises. I ordered mine with the 20" wheels in order to get the Michelins. And already there are stories of tire failures with the michelins.

Quick Reply: Tire Manufacturer-2011 F-250