Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Wheat Harvest 2010

Well........It's started! For the next month this is what I'll be doing for 80+ hours/week.
Attached Images

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks like money!
1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Yes sir... definately looks like money in the bank!
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Elder User

jetact is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hope you have a good harvest this year and that the prices are in your favor. Stay safe.
2005 Lariat F-350, 6.0, CC, Auto, 4x4 LWB, SRW, 4" Skyjacker, 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT, Intro wheels, ARP studs, High Idle mod, 4" MBRP turbo back no cat, Dieselsite coolant filter, Bright box, Line of fire, Recon LED taillights, Recon smoke side mirror lens, LED turn & back up lights, 4 PIAA lights, 20" Rigid E-Series. CST Insight w EGT probe and fuel pressure sensor. Firestone air bags, 24" wipers, SCT X3 Ed's Ficm w Atlas 40, Kenwood Excelon DDX896, DVD player, 2 headrest screens and one roof screen.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:19 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetact View Post
Hope you have a good harvest this year and that the prices are in your favor. Stay safe.
The prices are very good for wheat this year, but the farm is not mine. I just contracted to run the crew and take care of any breakdowns.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Posting Guru

Hey Don did you ever catch that gas thief?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Posting Guru

flamebuster has a good reputation on FTE.flamebuster has a good reputation on FTE.
Have a safe harvest, I miss running combines. It was relaxing to watch the reel and auger gently feed the wheat into the feeder house. I spent a lot of years in the MF 760 when it was the big bad boy. Than it was the 8820, now the bullet rotor is the grain eating machine around here.
What are you running?
2004 F-350 Super Duty Crew King Ranch . 6.0 psd...coolant, filter,egr. cooler delete, ccv. reroute, slotted and drilled rotors,kitty ran away, air bags,leveling kit, progigy,piaa lights, Warn HID driving lights, Warn 9,000i winch.
2003 EXP; All stock Wifes ride!!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOzz View Post
Hey Don did you ever catch that gas thief?
Not yet, but he hasn't been back either.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamebuster View Post
Have a safe harvest, I miss running combines. It was relaxing to watch the reel and auger gently feed the wheat into the feeder house. I spent a lot of years in the MF 760 when it was the big bad boy. Than it was the 8820, now the bullet rotor is the grain eating machine around here.
What are you running?
2 John Deere 9750 STS's. You can see one of them in the pic's I posted.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Posting Guru

Don that would tell me it's someone that works there and knows what you did to the tank or a buddy of someone that works there that ran their mouth.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 AM

Only the ranch owner, his wife, and I know about it. We did find out that one of the local high school "bad boys" got his truck impounded last week tho, and it hasn't happened again...............

Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Hmm, how interesting... what a coincidence.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 AM

Morning Evan. Yep, we thought it was interesting also...

Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Posting Guru

flamebuster has a good reputation on FTE.flamebuster has a good reputation on FTE.
Just chiming in here, we use to have a problem with local kids syphoning gas out of the trucks...until we drained the aux. tanks and filled them with 10 gallons of diesel. They suddenly stopped stealing after that. lol. But now all of our fleet is diesel semi's.
On a different subject have you guys had any problem getting your straw dried down this year for baling? Seems to be a big problem around here this year. To moist to burn decent or bale.
2004 F-350 Super Duty Crew King Ranch . 6.0 psd...coolant, filter,egr. cooler delete, ccv. reroute, slotted and drilled rotors,kitty ran away, air bags,leveling kit, progigy,piaa lights, Warn HID driving lights, Warn 9,000i winch.
2003 EXP; All stock Wifes ride!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 PM

We don't bale our straw at all. We incorporate it back into the soil.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 PM

Yesterday was fun...NOT! One of our combine drivers slid off the field into a draw. Then instead of calling me on the radio and asking for help....he tried to drive out. WRONG!!! He wound up getting the damn thing high centered in the ditch! So last night I had to drive the dozer and backhoe 10 miles overland to the site. This morning I got to dig the damn thing out and fix all the broken parts. Here are the pics of the disaster.....

Click the image to open in full size.

This was soooo much fun......After I got it repaired another combine had a bearing go out on the main rotor shaft and will take all day tomorrow to get running again. The fun never stops.........

Old 08-18-2010, 11:21 PM