Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Senior User

Trucker22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Various Defaults on restart

I tried a search and came up empty. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default settings of the 'info center' on 2010 Navigator? When I tow I disable the backup aid (beeping when something is directly behind) but every time I restart it defaults to 'on'. It's a real pain to reset this three or four times on a days worth of towing a boat. Also the cooled seat setting defaults to 'off' on every restart--I'd prefer it returned to the setting I set before shut down.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
My 2010 Expy is the same. Have you contacted the dealer?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I doubt there is a way to set the defaults. I have never seen or heard of this.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Senior User

Trucker22 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Defaults

I was hoping to control these settings myself. And 'play' with them til I get them the way I want. I kind of like to have control and don't like some of the automated stuff cause they don't work the way I work!

I was hoping someone here has 'hacked' into it somehow---probably not likely. Just a thought.

If this doesn't work the dealer will be next. I suspect they have some control if they want to help. However I suspect the darn lawyers have gotten into the computer settings. I suppose if it were to default off for the backup alarms and someone runs over someone Ford would get sued. This way you can't 'forget' to turn it back on. So the emphasis is on reducing law suits, not making things user friendly. Too bad

Hopefully the dealer will help some. I don't mind defaulting to 'on'---but they bury the setting about 8 button pushes into the menu---the thing is meant to tow so why not put a backup alarm defeat switch on the control panel---one push to shut it off as you back up---then let it default to 'on'. But that costs money I suppose.

I have never thought of Ford being a leader in computer consumer electronics---only when they have been forced to by competition.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Tags
cooling, defaults, expedition, ford, restart, seats