Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Dog Days of Summer August Chat

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:49 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Dog Days of Summer August Chat

Nothing new except when this month is done summer is already over.

Brian, if you are not busy there is a car show in Copley on Saturday in the center of town at the church. I'm going and so is truckrod I forget the times.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:59 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I maybe open on Saturday for that would that be on 162 and cleve-mass road.Probably going to Todds tomorrow.He has some parts I want no intake thou.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM
truckrod
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that show in copley is 12 to 4 on sat. Hey anybody talked to 4 speed lately, I just was wondering if he's been working on mearl the 59 0r is it the 60?

Old 08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Truckrod,

4speeds truck Merl is the 60'

Brian, I sent you a pm

I'm going to dig out the red truck for Saturday. Its been a busy summer with the kids and family, I have to get it out at least once!

Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been a busy summer already...but this winter will be a Florida winter.....12 months of summer....LOL
Been busy on my trucks and wife has been busy building sidewalks etc out of brick. My bolt guy stopped in today and he is building a 53.....small world!!
August is painting month at my house.....and soon as I get started someone appears. Also using my new sandblast cabinet ...set it up outside and it is big enough to blast a whole grille. Saves alot of work with the pressure blaster.
I must get the Avanti out for the car show saturday.....it hasn't been driven since memorial day ..........hot August nights in Reno......we are going and it is always awesome.......unless something comes up!!! KEEP ON TRUCKIN BOYS!!

Old 08-08-2010, 08:20 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Yesterday I had the red big window out to the local show. Parked by Truckrod (I think he took some pics of our trucks) It was a great day, nice to drive the red truck again. I forgot just how nice it really is. I was used to looking at my rat rod LOL

After the show me and my son went for a cruise, put about 20 miles on it, drove it in the corner of the shop and covered it back up, Summer is over for the big window!

Old 08-08-2010, 01:49 PM
truckrod
Senior User
Bigwin, That was a good time at the show yesterday your truck and mine were the nicest trucks there for sure. We had alot of lookers, and there was some nice eye candy there too! 4-speed you should have been there with us !

Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
I went to Cataba i think that is how its spelled went out on the lake and had a nice lazy week end.I wanted to go to the show and see your trucks.Worked on mine Friday bought a new intake rebuilt the card and buffed out the valve covers seems to run alot better.Now just got to do the body work and paint.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:26 AM
truckrod
Senior User
Not much chat going on here in aug. big car show going on at winks today 3 to 11pm , I might cruise through this evening.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:00 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by truckrod
Not much chat going on here in aug. big car show going on at winks today 3 to 11pm , I might cruise through this evening.
when its the end of summer coming up quickly, so i have been spending a lot of time outdoors enjoying it...i just got my new to me seadoo going between that and the kid play ball been keeping me busy

If you can grab a picture or two for the other thread....

Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Very Big Car show...

Hi Folks,

Down here in Marietta on the river we have an annual event called the Ohio River Sternwheel Festival. Part of the fun is the big car show. I belong to the club that puts this show on every year. Last year we had 400 cars and trucks. This year they are expecting over 500 and maybe as many as six hundred. It is one of the largest car shows around. We are also giving a car away. So, bring your ride and join in on the fun. CLICK HERE to see a PDF file of the flyer for the show. The show is on Sunday the 12th of September. CLICK HERE to read about the festival. It's all free including the car show. So pack up and come on down.

If you want to know more just ask here or use the PM and/or e-mail feature.

Later Folks...

PS I almost forgot this. At this late date lodging is impossible to find as people are already booking for next year. Cambridge, Athens, Zanesville and maybe Caldwell are as close as you are going to get unless there are some B&Bs still available. Could also be some campgrounds. However, the car show is a one day thing and drivable for most of the state.

Last edited by dave boley; 08-15-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added stuff
Old 08-15-2010, 08:42 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
There was another run to Mansfield prison that we did yesterday got some good pictures its a trip there is orbs in some of the pictures people say the orbs are spirits around If you could Ray could you post how to display pictures along with the downsizing.Not the most gifted with computer knowledge here!

Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Brian.....could be spirits....We met up with Jason and Grant of G.H.I. down in Florida this past year and got to go through a haunted B / B near our ranch.....it was filmed and it was really crazy......noises and stuff.....and orbs in the pics.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
There was another run to Mansfield prison that we did yesterday got some good pictures its a trip there is orbs in some of the pictures people say the orbs are spirits around If you could Ray could you post how to display pictures along with the downsizing.Not the most gifted with computer knowledge here!
Good idea....give a me few , and i will come up one ..

Old 08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
To upload a picture for viewing on forum is pretty much the same for most forums, there are several way to do this, one of which if your are supporter on FTE , you can upload your pictures here on this site.

Go your UserCP link (top right corner) Click there
Then on the right side go to Settings & Options then click edit Gallery, then look for where it says
Create Album
This is the first step. Create an album and then add photos to it. You can create more than one album. this will automatically resize your photo when you upload them... make sure you mark them private if they are not truck related after you have uploaded them then look for the [Forum Codes - For displaying image in forum posts] here is a screen shot of the page

**Browse is the term used for where the picture is located on your computer***

Here is some off site place you can save your pictures for use to upload on forums, myspace etc etc..

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Image Hosting - ImageHosting.com

ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting

Google results for more picture hosting places
image hosting - Google Search

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Dog Days of Summer August Chat