Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

August Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 10:58 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning everyone...going to try to get the injectors in the Pavement Princess today so I can get it to the body shop on Monday. I'm tired of it sitting in my driveway. The snake is fun car to drive...but no where near as comfortable at the truck.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Never saw the need for me to get tanker and hazmat, but kept my CDL for test driving customer's trucks, never thought I would be driving again . Once you have them, it's a whole lot easier to pay to keep them.
Amen to you never know what the future holds for ya'. We used to carry some nasty stuff at Cat (sulfuric acid, paint & thinner) so it was required to have the HazMat. Tanker and Doubles/Triples was more of "do you want to take a shot at the test?". Apparently once you pay to take the HazMat you can take all the rest of the endorsements without additional testing fees.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 AM
77f100rcsb2wd
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went & picked up new radius arm bushings, stuff for an oil change & a new fuel filter for my '82. Now I need to clean the carport off so I can pull it in & mess with it.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:00 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
It's ALIVE!!! Three injectors, and adjusting the fuel pressure later the Pavement Princess is purring like a kitten. Made a short road trip with it yesterday and remembered just how much I missed the truck. Dropped it off at the body shop and hopefully will have it back by the end of the week.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Will P
Senior User
Congrats on getting her back!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Guess everyone has been busy lately? I sure will be glad when the heat wave is gone...though I'm not looking forward to winter if it's going to be anything like the last one.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I didn't think last winter was that bad. I'll take several snow storms over an ice storm any year. Here's a video coming back down my driveway after my neighbor and I spent 8 hours cutting our way to the road back in Feb of '09:

YouTube - ‪down my driveway‬‎

Heck, last winter we didn't even loose power once.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:15 AM
EODguyJake
Fulltime INFIDEL!
Originally Posted by zhilton
Dropped it off at the body shop and hopefully will have it back by the end of the week.
Where did you drop it off?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:32 AM
77f100rcsb2wd
Junior User
Guess everyone has been busy lately? I sure will be glad when the heat wave is gone...though I'm not looking forward to winter if it's going to be anything like the last one.
Kind of. This is my first week back at the plant after some down time & the side work I had lined up for that down time went under & I still havent got ahold of Donnie about working this week. Spent the time off doing stuff around the house/yard. Spent my birthday keeping an eye on my son & watching the Godfather movies. Monday I started to replace the radius are bushings on my '82. Found out I need new pads on the passenger side. Broke a ratchet strap. If I dont work today at the shop I will be out there getting it back together.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Old Crow, how far back in the boonies do you live? I just thought I had it bad during the last ice storm in south AR when I had to cut my way out and back in 5 times on the 1/4 mile road I lived on, but it never did get that bad.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:22 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by EODguyJake
Where did you drop it off?
Took it to Smart's on Jenny Lind. I used to use Horwedle's back when John was alive. But it had gone downhill over the last 5-6 years. Went to see if they were still in business and their building was empty. I was going to take it to Randall's body shop...but when they (A) missed allot of things on the estimate (B) tried to screw me over the injector replacement we just did [$2k for four sticks] and (C) misspelled my name 3 different times I was done with them. Yeah, I know body shops & insurance companies do suplaments allot because there are things that can't be seen until after the work starts...but when they didn't estimate things like the condenser (perfect line across it from the grill forced into it by Bucky) or the dent in the door...I just felt like they were going to do sooty work. The name thing just bugs me, especially after I told her twice that she'd misspelled my name.

My bride told me last night that when she drove by the shop the truck was still sitting in the same spot as where we parked it over the weekend. I was really hoping to have the truck back this weekend because of a road trip I need to make.
Old Crow, how far back in the boonies do you live?
I was wondering the same thing; that's one heck of a driveway. What year is the Wrangler?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 AM
EODguyJake
Fulltime INFIDEL!
Took it to Smart's on Jenny Lind. I used to use Horwedle's back when John was alive. But it had gone downhill over the last 5-6 years. Went to see if they were still in business and their building was empty. I was going to take it to Randall's body shop...but when they (A) missed allot of things on the estimate (B) tried to screw me over the injector replacement we just did [$2k for four sticks] and (C) misspelled my name 3 different times I was done with them. Yeah, I know body shops & insurance companies do suplaments allot because there are things that can't be seen until after the work starts...but when they didn't estimate things like the condenser (perfect line across it from the grill forced into it by Bucky) or the dent in the door...I just felt like they were going to do sooty work. The name thing just bugs me, especially after I told her twice that she'd misspelled my name.

My bride told me last night that when she drove by the shop the truck was still sitting in the same spot as where we parked it over the weekend. I was really hoping to have the truck back this weekend because of a road trip I need to make.
Just curious. My brother has been a painter at Classic on Wheeler for a long time now. They crank out good work. He did the hood on my truck.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:47 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by EODguyJake
Just curious. My brother has been a painter at Classic on Wheeler for a long time now. They crank out good work. He did the hood on my truck.
Interesting. If I would have known about your brother was over there...I would have thrown them some business. The only place I won't do business with is Sharp's; though since they had the fire a little over a week ago that won't be an issue for a while.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Old Crow, how far back in the boonies do you live? I just thought I had it bad during the last ice storm in south AR when I had to cut my way out and back in 5 times on the 1/4 mile road I lived on, but it never did get that bad.
That's right at 3/4 of a mile from the pavement, 20 miles west of Mtn View.
To think that 17 years ago when I moved out from SoCal I thought 1/4 mile off the pavement and 12 miles from town was out in the boonies and now I'd like to be further(except for riding the bagger out to the highway).

Old 08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
To think that 17 years ago when I moved out from SoCal I thought 1/4 mile off the pavement and 12 miles from town was out in the boonies and now I'd like to be further(except for riding the bagger out to the highway).
I bet that's fun, the two wheeler on a wet dirt road. Just out of curiosity...any reason why you moved to Fox from California? Family, work?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
My 3 older boys were raised in SoCal. Two of them got really heavy into meth and other crap. When my twins were 8 I could see where they were headed so we got the heck outa Dodge. We actually ended up in Fifty-Sihome of Blanchard Caverns), with me working at Mtn View Chevy.

Now, 17 years later, 4 out of the 5 boys live here too, all have jobs and families and have turned their lives around. The 5th is one of the twins and he's getting ready to reenlist in the Navy for the second time(3rd hitch).
Of all the decisions I've made in my 59 years...I got that one right.

Quick Reply: August Chat / All Topic Thread