Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

August Hot Topics

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
No rain here. It is hot though.

I have been trying to pull the altenator off of a Dodge Stratus. I remember why I hate front wheel drive vehicles. There is always a bolt where you can't get your hand.

I had to take a break and cool off with a cold brew.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Rocky I now see an adult beverage in your picture. What do you know we enjoy the same brand.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:46 PM
lariat97
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm waiting for it to cool off. I need to cut the grass.Its still 100 outside. Have a hot weekend La!

Old 08-14-2010, 04:47 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Tangi Cowboy
Hey Rocky, thanks for the reply, since we are brand new at this, I really have no idea where to start, but I think I want a used 34 to 38 ft higher end with all of the goodies, like generator, washer dryer, 3 sliders, etc, It will basically be just for Karen and I, so we don't need a lot of bunk beds, , so far we have looked at a couple of New WildCats(lower end), a used Escalade & a used Mobile Suites (both higher end) The Mobile Suite really impressed me, it was a 2007 model with a generator and at $53,000 was about 1/2 the cost of new, from what I can tell, they really depreciate in 1st 2 or 3 years then kinda level off, is that what you find???
I have not heard of the Mobile Suite. A lot of the time they are made by like 4 or 5 companies and carry different names. The ones I bolded are good and have been around a while. Mines 35 ft triple slides and the bath is solid polymer construction. Make sure that the bath is made like that. Another feature I like is the lighted steps and the spot light on the front and back side. Check to see that the tubing routes for water are supported wiht sleeve guides as they help maintain the bend radius and there will be no kinks or wear. The outside shower feature is good as well, especially for the grand kids. If the kitchen slides out and has the stove on the slide out check to see that the gas hose has the same sleeve slabilized bends on the hose section. One thing I really like about mine is that it has lights and plugs everywhere and lots of accessable outside storage.

I have been camping for 14 years in campers so I can give you a lot of good pointers.

Another cool feature is the fantastic fan google search that. I can run the thing in the cooler months or during trips its thermostatically controlled too. Auot opens anad shuts.

Mine is wired for 50 amp service but only has one AC but is wired for the second AC in the bed room we so far have found its not needed in ours reason is its well insulated and was built for a colder climate. But being wired for 50 amp sometimes causes problems at older camp sites that only have 30amp or have a few 50 amps. I have a 50 amp pig tail that converts to 30 amp. No problems will be had since I only have one AC but if you go with 50 amp get the pigtail converter anyhow, just in case and then if your plugged into 30 run one AC or alternate.

One thing that sold us on our is that there are twin lounge chairs in the back where the large window is. Really nice if your backed up to a vally or river or want to enjoy a thunder storm or just see out side.

Ours has a couch that folds out into a small bed then of course the table does to. We place a queen size air matress down if we have adults stay over and kids get the other two.

I would think that you would do fine in a 34ft camper. Do you have a 8ft bed on the truck?

If so get is coated if not already and I would suggest buying a goose neck attachment to the trailer tongue and put the ball in the bed. I have the short bed and use a 15 ton slide hitch in the back. Helps me in tight spots. But I hate the big ole thing taking up room in the truck bed and pulling it in and out is a pain.

Forgot to mention dont buy one that has dining chairs, everyone I speak to hates them.

Last edited by DRRXR; 08-14-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add on
Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Hot here too.
Originally Posted by lariat97
I'm waiting for it to cool off. I need to cut the grass.Its still 100 outside. Have a hot weekend La!
Yesterday I waited until 1930 to start staining the fence. Was sooo much cooler. I never got to the camper today our house was like a convention center people stopping by. May go there early in the morning and mow and weed eat and spray and set it all up and get the ac kicking that way the wife may come on out and we can stay till Monday.

But now its this time

Old 08-14-2010, 07:04 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Well I got the alternator on the stratos, Fed the horses, now it is time for cold adult beverages.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:21 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Hello Louisiana! I spent all day in Metairie with one of our fellow members doing a rearend swap into my truck went from 355's to 411's and love the get up and go now

Rocky the pump is DONE it's slowly droping pressure day by day

Old 08-15-2010, 04:57 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Good Morning All

Guess that nap yesterday after frying out in the yard while mowing made me wake up earlier than normal.

Mike
Just wondering? You dont think the mesh strainer filter near the frp is fouled out? Is the fpr already shimmed?

4.11 I have not heard of I will have to look that up. Did you just have to swap out the ring and pinion gear or what?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:20 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Rocky i ment 410 was tired lastnight

it's the pump, the screen i cleaned everything last weekend when i serviced the truck

It was shimed i took it out when i found out the pump was on the way out

Old 08-15-2010, 08:23 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Sunday Morning Louisiana!

Hope you all have a great day!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Good Morning Folks, happy Sunday Morning to y'all, I'm moving kinda slow this morning, I went out to "Skinneys" (our local watering hole) yesterday afternoon to socialize & catch up on all of the gossip, the Coronas were super cold and tasted so GGGGOOOOODDDDD, but this morning I'm experiencing a little "Montezumas" revenge LOL, and after all this rain the back yard really needs some attention, oh well, maybe later!!!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 AM
lariat97
Post Fiend
I got my front yard cut but the blades are so dull I was cutting in low gear. This grass is so tough it eats blades. I think its gonna take this state over. Its Bahia or something like that. I planted it all over this area 30 yrs ago. Now it lines the highways & ruins our coastal hay fields. It looks good cut but 3 days later it has seed pods sticking up a ft. Grr!

Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Johnny did you get your trimmer going again

Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
Mike thanks for asking, but no, I haven't got it going yet, I've been trying to find a shade tree mechanic to look at it, because the repair shop up in Osyka did a crappy job the last time, but now the grass is pretty bad so I might have to bite the bullet and take it to them anyway.
Originally Posted by fordpride
Johnny did you get your trimmer going again

Old 08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
06F150STX
Elder User
Howdy gang. Sorry it's been awhile. My computer crashed and I got tired of trying to fix it, so I went and bought 2 new laptops. One for me and one for the wife. Her laptop was getting old, so I got her one too. At first she was mad, but now, can't keep her off of it. Right now, it's reading 108 degrees outside, so, I'm going to go and get another cold beer and play on the computer.

Quick Reply: August Hot Topics