Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
And yer gonna restore them all one day, Right?

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 06-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Senior User

SStans is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
..Ah..er... well ..no... The 56's which I have a few F-250 up to a Mercury M-600 were picked up as parts trucks for my Ol Towmater.... The 53-54 trucks are for parts for the 53 pickup I have waiting in the wings... (photo attached) The 46-7 Ford/Mercury trucks were picked up for parts for the two I drive... (since 1979) ... (photos attached) ... AND .. for the maybe two more I will build, including a rare 47 Mercury Panel truck that I have... which, I am told, only 56 were made. The 40-41 trucks, of which I have the remains of five 1/2 ton pickups will be sold off shortly... (don't even bother, already spoken for) ..otherwise I will part with everything else....... I guess you could say I have a thing for old Ford Trucks.......
Stan. ......................

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SStans View Post
..Ah..er... well ..no... The 56's which I have a few F-250 up to a Mercury M-600 were picked up as parts trucks for my Ol Towmater.... The 53-54 trucks are for parts for the 53 pickup I have waiting in the wings... (photo attached) The 46-7 Ford/Mercury trucks were picked up for parts for the two I drive... (since 1979) ... (photos attached) ... AND .. for the maybe two more I will build, including a rare 47 Mercury Panel truck that I have... which, I am told, only 56 were made. The 40-41 trucks, of which I have the remains of five 1/2 ton pickups will be sold off shortly... (don't even bother, already spoken for) ..otherwise I will part with everything else....... I guess you could say I have a thing for old Ford Trucks.......
Stan. ......................
Wow, great collection of trucks! Do you have pictures of the Mercury panel? I have never even seen a picture of one...
Old 06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Senior User

...Well, its not exactly a gem, but, the all important VIN tag is on it. And Mercury's are the same as Ford just different trim. And Mercury only made in Canada. A bit of a rarity and much sought after up here in the north.... And I have a Ford Panel to use as parts to do the Merc up.....

...This is a 47 Mercury 1/2 Ton Panel Truck.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Dave

Olweldinrig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Olweldinrig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
David LaRose
What kind of history is written on side of that panel Stan?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:12 AM
Senior User

Old 06-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Very cool truck! Have fun with it!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 PM
Freshman User

Louie55F600 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Louie55F600 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

I think my Sweet Old Bessie qualifies to be included in this thread. So far this summer she has hauled and dumped 4 loads of hay mulch and the latest job was hauling garden wall blocks and leveling sand. My wife wants a small retainer wall for her flower garden on the side of her shop. We purchased the block and sand and instead of paying big bucks for delivery old Bessie stepped up to the task. She is getting dirty and scratched up already but I think she loves being back to work again after her almost 25 year rest.
Louie Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
That's what these trucks were for - Any one who doesn't do some work with is doing them a big disservice
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 06-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Postmaster

abe has a great reputation on FTE.abe has a great reputation on FTE.abe has a great reputation on FTE.abe has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie55F600 View Post

I think my Sweet Old Bessie qualifies to be included in this thread. So far this summer she has hauled and dumped 4 loads of hay mulch and the latest job was hauling garden wall blocks and leveling sand. My wife wants a small retainer wall for her flower garden on the side of her shop. We purchased the block and sand and instead of paying big bucks for delivery old Bessie stepped up to the task. She is getting dirty and scratched up already but I think she loves being back to work again after her almost 25 year rest.
The beauty of a flatbed is that they can load your truck with a forklift.

abe
FTE member since March '98
1954 F-100, bought from Grandpa in 1977 for $200
1970 F-350 flatbed dump, purchased 9/20/12
Old 06-11-2014, 11:26 PM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
Even unloading those blocks by hand can hurt you!

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Louie, beautiful truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford View Post
That's what these trucks were for - Any one who doesn't do some work with is doing them a big disservice
I couldn't say it any better.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
I love to see old still at work instead of just sitting around
looking pretty like me and being useless .

Great truck and handy too.

A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 06-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie55F600 View Post

Nice truck and good to see it working, you should hang some flaps in front of the rear wheels to protect your cab though.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Old School

Good catch there on the flaps John. I never saw the mud there till ya
mentioned it. Front flaps would sure help.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 PM