Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indiana Nominations/Volunteers for NEW Chapter Leader

Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Exclamation Indiana Nominations/Volunteers for NEW Chapter Leader

Nominations and/or volunteers for the position of chapter leader for the great state of Indiana is now open.

The Chapter Leader Guidelines can be found at this link,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter guidelines can be found at this link,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Your Regional Chapters Moderators, SteveBricks or George(glruff) are available to answer any questions you may have on the chapter leader position.

Last edited by SteveBricks; 07-31-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:03 PM
brit_wheels_fan
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello! My name is Rob Blubaugh (brit_wheels_fan). I am a school teacher nearing retirement and I am a life-long Ford truck enthusiast. I learned to drive on my dad's '51 F1 in our small hay field when I was about 8 or 9 years old. My home was Bowling Green, Indiana, a tiny little town in SE Clay County, on highway 46 just west of Spencer. I now reside in Rensselaer, Indiana, just off I-65 about 40 miles NW of Lafayette.
A 2004 Ford Ranger XLT is my daily driver. It also is the tow vehicle for my 1970 MGB hobby car. I recently acquired a '51 Ford F1 Deluxe cab pickup. (It was made the same year I was!) It is a severely deteriorated mess. (That's another thing I have in common with it.) I am not real handy when it comes to vehicle mechanicals or restorations. That is why I NEED access to others through the FTE forums. I need the knowledge and the advice of others who have 'been there - done that' with old Ford trucks. It would be better however if occasionally there was an opportunity for face-to-face, direct contact with other Ford truck devotees. I would like to see what they have done, how they did the work of restoring / maintaining their trucks, and what they are planning and or attempting to do with their trucks. I would like to develop a direct and effective network of contacts with other FTEs to facilitate swapping and trading of parts and services related to Ford trucks, new and old. An active web site helps with this, but personal contacts and associations are needed too.
To that end I am 'throwing my hat in the ring' and seeking the vacant position of Indiana Chapter Leader within the Ford Truck Enthusiasts web site and organization. Your support will be appreciated, but more importantly, your active participation in developing a functional chapter will be valued. Maybe we should coin another acronym for F-O-R-D: Fun Often Requires Dedication. So let's dedicate ourselves to having more fun with our Ford trucks. - Thanks for taking the time to read this message!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
I'll throw my hat into the ring!

Hello,

My name is Joe and I live up in Fort Wayne. I have been a pretty active member on FTE since I purchased my 2005 Excursion. I think I have a pretty good reputation on here as well. Prior to purchasing my Ex...I have pretty much bled blue my entire life.

My family and I RV all around the country and have used our Excursion to tow our current 31' travel trailer thru 35 states and counting.

Since I own an Excursion you can find many of my posts over in the Ex forum but I also frequent the towing and occasionally the V10 forums.

My passions on these forums are meeting new people but also in helping folks get their weight distribution systems set right to allow them to tow safely and comfortably...

For those that may have seen me over on RV.net...I go by crappie_fisherman over there!

The last 3 years I have organized and hosted with my wife what we call the Excursion Diversion Rally. Two times it was held down in Gatlinburg TN and just a couple of weeks ago we had our 3rd annual down in Santa Claus Indiana at Lake Rudolph campground and Holiday World Amusement Park. As host my job has been to recruit rally goers, organize and plan the agenda, get T-shirts designed, purchased and printed and also contact many of my contacts in the truck and RV business for 'freebies' for give aways at the rally. This year we had a bumper crop of goodies too for those that attended the rally. We are currently in the planning stages for our 4th Annual Excursion Diversion for 2011!!!

I am officially throwing my hat into the vacant position of Indiana Chapter leader and I feel I can help focus our chapter with some face to face events similar to the Excursion Diversion but for Indiana Chapter members. It is amazing how much fun face to face events are...even if it is just a Saturday afternoon at the Go-Kart track or something similar...it is also very cool to have a string of blue ovals (Ex's in my recent experience) tooling down the road in a road parade...I'd love to see something similar for the Indiana Chapter members!!!

My background is in Engineering Management primarily for NASA satellite weather sensor programs but I also have worked on projects that delivered weather sensors to the governments of Japan and Korea both of which are orbiting in a geostationary orbit as I type!

I ask for your assistance in helping me help this chapter continue the steps that have been made under SteveBricks these last few years.

With that I bid good luck to all the candidates that add their names to the list and for right now specifically to brit_wheels_fan...

Joe.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:43 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Cool beans, looks like we are going to have an election!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
mettech
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I vote for Rob Blubaugh

Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Wait for the election thread before ya vote. lol

Tell you what, I will entertain a motion to close the nom/vol thread so you can get the election started.

Last edited by glruff; 08-25-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:57 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to nominate 260karl.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Phil, no offense but Karl is not active in the IN chapter. He has only made 1 post in the chapter since becoming a member.

IN needs someone who is supportive of the chapter and highly visible in the chapter.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:13 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No offense to you or the chapter, but this has been a ghost-town. I believe that he, like I, would be more active if there was more activity in the chapter. We have discussed this in private at work.
We would both like to see a growth both in the chapter forum and in real world get-togethers.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:20 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK Hoosiers, the nominations are now closed. Keep your eyes peeled for the election poll which will be up soon.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts