Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2010, 09:13 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Two more new members!

Please welcome two more new members! "dave3703" and "jetact"
Hopefully they'll come by and tell us a little about themselves and their Fords....
Welcome guys!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to the group guys, were ya all from?
1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
welcome to the loony bin!!!!
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 07-27-2010, 09:49 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER View Post
welcome to the loony bin!!!!
Hey! I resemble that remark.........lol

I hope these two respond better than the last three...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
so do i don!
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Freshman User

dave3703 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey there

Hey there Guy's, thanks for the welcome...

well I've been in Oregon for a little over 3 years via Texas, took a job promotion and relocated to the PNW to be closer to family (Seattle). Currently I'm in Eugene but maybe in a few years make it up to Portland or Seattle. Pretty much a DIY kind of guy from home remodeling to rebuilding classic cars. My dad and I just finished a 2-yr frame off restoration of his 66 buick skylark GS.

I just joined the forum b/c I just got a 'new' 1999.5 PDS, Crew-cab long bed. this is my 2nd ford truck 1st was a 2000 F-150 5.4 SC 4x4 off-road had it for almost 10 years and really wanted a bigger truck and a crew cab. One of my coworkers bought a new f-350 and kept his old one b/c of the low ball offer the stealership offered. long story short he mentioned one day he was thinking of selling the 99. this peaked my interest, eventually he decided to sell it and I put my 150 up for sale. about a month later here I am with my f-350 and immersing myself in all things 7.3 PSD. think I made a good purchase, between what i got for the f150 and what he wanted for the f350, I have me a $2200, not a bad entry fee coming from a gasser into the diesel world.

so vitals on the f-350, Oxford white crew-cab, long-bed, 4x4 off-road package, and camper package. 107K miles, only mods on the truck are a 2 guage pod for pyro and boost. And a canopy which i hope to get rid of soon! It's a truck not an SUV.

planned mods: hook up the boost gauge( previous owner never got aroud to hooking it up) dual exhaust, the riffraf 6637 kit, wicked wheel, a tune, leveling kit or a minor lift then when the rubber get bare bigger wheels and tires.
exhaust,6637 kit, wicked wheel and a rancho dual stabilizer kit are actually on order now so hopefully i'll have them before the weeks out and start to wrenching on my new beast.

guess that's all for now, i've seem to have written my 1st novel !

David
Old 07-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Elder User

oldbrokecowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome. Maybe the others are just shy. You know we are an aquired taste. OBCB- JEFF
Old 07-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Yay! Another Diesel guy!!!
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Post Fiend

thats ok dave i live right outside portland. east on the way to mt.hood.
and yes we will leave a bad taste. but were pretty cool bunch. welcome to the forum.
where seatbelts are optional! feel free to move about the cabin.
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey David sounds like a nice truck you got there. Post up some pics!
1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Welcome guys!!!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......474,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Elder User

jetact is starting off with a positive reputation.
You guys are great. Thank you for the welcome. I have no clue why I didnt join the Oregon group earlier. I have been on this site since 11/04 when I got my 05 F-350 Crew cab with a 6.0. I traded in a 1997 F-350 Crew with a 460 and before that it was a 1986 F-250, 460. Have also had a 1969 bronco with a 351 clevland and 4 speed top loader. My first ride out of HS was a 1978 Bronco, dam I loved that truck. Have live in Oregon all of my life. Currently I live in Happy Valley, just east of Portland a few miles. My wife drive a 2006 Expedition.

I am getting ready this weekend to pull the motor in the F-350 with my brother at out shop. I have been looking at the 2011 but with my 05 only having 58,000 on it and paid for I am having a hard time with $60,000. So I decided to keep my truck for two more years and am giving it some love. I need to update my pictures as she has been getting new toys. But as for the engine its getting an EGR cooler delete, oil cooler rebuild, ARP head studs, victor Rientz gaskets, water pump, radiator is gettng flushed, t-stat, turbo recon. updated turbo drain and feed lines, injectors are going to be bench tested. Heads are going ot be checked at machine shop also. A busy week or two I figure as time allows. I figured if I am keeping it I want everything to last that long so I have no problems. I tow a 27 foot enclosed snowmobile trailer with 4 polaris sleds. My son is going to Klamath Falls for college this year so I will be spending some time down south sledding. Love my truck and look forward to hearing and reading about all of your trucks also. Thanks for accepting me.
2005 Lariat F-350, 6.0, CC, Auto, 4x4 LWB, SRW, 4" Skyjacker, 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT, Intro wheels, ARP studs, High Idle mod, 4" MBRP turbo back no cat, Dieselsite coolant filter, Bright box, Line of fire, Recon LED taillights, Recon smoke side mirror lens, LED turn & back up lights, 4 PIAA lights, 20" Rigid E-Series. CST Insight w EGT probe and fuel pressure sensor. Firestone air bags, 24" wipers, SCT X3 Ed's Ficm w Atlas 40, Kenwood Excelon DDX896, DVD player, 2 headrest screens and one roof screen.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Welcome jetact. Sounds like a nice truck. Only 58k on it and already pulling it to do gaskets and such? That must take some motivation...

My 7.3 has 170k and I might have to pull it soon because of a oil supply problem in the bottom end.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Elder User

jetact is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
Welcome jetact. Sounds like a nice truck. Only 58k on it and already pulling it to do gaskets and such? That must take some motivation...

My 7.3 has 170k and I might have to pull it soon because of a oil supply problem in the bottom end.
Thanks brown Falcon.

The 6.0 have HG problems and I have a leaking EGR cooler so I fighure if I am getting in that deep then I am going to do it all at once and hopefully get it over with until its time to get a new one.
2005 Lariat F-350, 6.0, CC, Auto, 4x4 LWB, SRW, 4" Skyjacker, 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT, Intro wheels, ARP studs, High Idle mod, 4" MBRP turbo back no cat, Dieselsite coolant filter, Bright box, Line of fire, Recon LED taillights, Recon smoke side mirror lens, LED turn & back up lights, 4 PIAA lights, 20" Rigid E-Series. CST Insight w EGT probe and fuel pressure sensor. Firestone air bags, 24" wipers, SCT X3 Ed's Ficm w Atlas 40, Kenwood Excelon DDX896, DVD player, 2 headrest screens and one roof screen.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Post Fiend

welcome to the forum. jetact happy valley isn't that far from sandy. i live just east of portland off of hwy 26. the gateway to mt.hood.
some of those trucks you have to pull the cab off to get the motor out.
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
bin, corvallis, loony, the