Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

gauges.what kind? help

Old 07-29-2010, 11:31 AM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gauges.what kind? help

looking into getting some gauges but was curious as to what type all of you are running.im getting either a 3 or 4 pod just havnt decided what to put in yet.obviously boost would be one and trans temp another.but what other type do you guys run or "recommend" to run.its my daily driver but also i use it to tow.thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 11:52 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
I run and prefer Isspro gauges. I had the EV series in my SD and now have another set of EV's in my OBS. The EV's work just fine and look great, but the EV2 and Performax series are really slick and install easier if you can swing the extra cost.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:00 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
ya havnt decided which ones i was going to go with yet.possibly was going to go with autometer.what gauges are you running? 3 or 4?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:12 PM
overthehillbill
Senior User
Originally Posted by GR$$N$
ya havnt decided which ones i was going to go with yet.possibly was going to go with autometer.what gauges are you running? 3 or 4?
If you decide to go with four, pillar mount, you might want to check your visor for clearance. Just my .02

Old 07-29-2010, 01:23 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by overthehillbill
If you decide to go with four, pillar mount, you might want to check your visor for clearance. Just my .02
ill be going with the one that goes on the windshield above the mirror.but thank you.thats a good point with the one im going with as well so ill probably just do the 3 pod

Old 07-29-2010, 01:24 PM
onelionhunter
Laughing Gas

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
EGT

EGT is the other important gauge, see what your exaust temps are doing, weather you are about to melt anything. the 4th is personal preference, fuel pressure, voltage are two that come to mind.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:47 PM
AmericanMade
Junior User
Youre going to want a pyro gauge as well. the big three that most people run around here are Boost, Trans temp, and pyro.

Clay over at Riffraff has a nice kit. it's not the over the rearview mirror, it's a pillar kit. but comes with everything you need. and isn't a lot more than getting everything separetally, but comes with things like a tap set for the pyro probe, and pre painted, and etc. and the gauges are some of the best recomended Issspro EV2.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
thanks guys i appreciate it.and im staying away from the pylar setup.my boss has the 3 gauge pillar in his truck and its too much of a blind spot for me and considering all the blind spots i already have from my truck being so tall i dont want to make another blind spot.but thanks again i will be ordering the 3 gauge above the mirror as well as my dp tuner today

Old 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
kccatpower
Senior User
i think you have it covered, one thing to considered is if you go with a 4 pod you can get the dp in a round style to fill that extra hole.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:43 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
The "standard 3" gauges are boost, trans temp (if you have an auto), and a pyro. For a 4th gauge fuel psi is a good one, or get an Aeroforce Scangauge from Terminator Engineering so you can read/pull codes and monitor any sensor on the truck. Plus it also has 2 aux. inputs for stuff that doesn't have a sensor... like fuel psi

Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM
GR$$N$
Senior User
Originally Posted by kccatpower
i think you have it covered, one thing to considered is if you go with a 4 pod you can get the dp in a round style to fill that extra hole.

dang i wish i would have read that alot sooner.i didnt know the tuner came in a round setup like that otherwise i would have gotten the four pod and done that.but its already being sent to me.next truck i guess

Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't really recommend anything because I've only used 1 thing, and that's the BD X-monitor. I like it, it works, and it's low profile - which was the main reason I went that route. I just didn't want a 3 or 4 pillar pod. If I could do it over again I'd go with an F650 dash and put the 2" Autometer gauges in there, but that dash wasn't really talked about much when I did it so I didn't really know about it.
I think a lot of people like the Isspro, and I'm sure they are very nice but they are $ compared to Autometer mechanical gauges, which I've used in other car projects I've had.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:07 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Can anyone give me links and pricing for the EV's and EV2's, along with the pillar guage mount. I will most likely have someone install it for me unless it is easier than I think and get a hold of a write up. I usually don't like messing with electrical stuff unless it's stereo. Thanks!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gauges are easy-peasy to install. Here's a writeup. Gauge Installations at DieselManor- 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke

Talk with Clay about pricing.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Spool&Go
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sweet Thanks. Reps! And are you sure these directions will work for my E99? The very first step says "for the 2003 and later......"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gauges.what kind? help