1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Air Conditioner Bracket Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Broncoholic1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fishmanndotcom
so are you going to tear it all back down and replace the rubber hose with the hard lines? or are you going to run it like that for now? i hate rubber hose esp in high pressure apps and use as little of it as possible.

-cutts-
It is like a chain, if it works in a small section should work for the full length. Has anyone experienced problems with rubber EFI hose failure.

Well she is running & no leaks. The lift pump is a low pressure we have 40 psi in the system to the bowl. Just put some covers over the rubber lines where they touch the block and she is good to go.

I will prolly get the hard lines some day when I have a spare min. Just did not want to wait for shipping. She is pulling out of the shop today.

But I was happy to help out find the other ones for the next guy.

Time for an oil change and test drive.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 AM
pilgrimbizket
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I ended up going to my local NAPA and crimping hydralic fuel line, each line cost about 40$. Thats including fittings.

Lines are rated to 5000 psi now lol, but theyll never brake again

Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by pilgrimbizket
I ended up going to my local NAPA and crimping hydralic fuel line, each line cost about 40$. Thats including fittings.

Lines are rated to 5000 psi now lol, but theyll never brake again
You came back an very old thread. . Those lines from NAPA for what temp are rated?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM
pilgrimbizket
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
You came back an very old thread. . Those lines from NAPA for what temp are rated?

I will ask next time I'm in there. If keeping stock fuel setup I would replace w hydrallic fuel line, even though my stock rubber hoses lasted 16 years.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Jamie Davis Sr.
New User
do you need a pulley puller to remove the vacuum pump?

Originally Posted by Midwest Dually
The air compressor itself is mounted on a pedistall with (4) long bolts, IIRC its a 12mm. Once you disconnect the four bolts, unplug the AC compressor and serp belt, you can lift the compressor and set it to the side or on top of the engine. The bracket has 3 bolts that are 14mm i believe. Anyways, you will also need to disconnect the vaccume pump, but you can leave it attached to the bracket, so you dont have to fuss with it. You should have acess to the fuel lines there.

Heres a close up after the bracket is removed so you can see where about the bolts that hold the bracket on are at..

Do you need a pulley puller to remove the vacuum pump?

Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie Davis Sr.
Yes. Should be able to borrow one on deposit from the parts store, or Harbor Freight sells one for $15-ish. You need the tool both to remove and install the pulley.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:53 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Jamie Davis Sr.
This thread awakes once in a while

Literally to remove the VP you dont need the pulley puller, but to remove the pulley from the VP you needed it .

Old 06-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Austin Newman
New User
What’s that fuel line there between the top two arrows my friend? Lol I haven’t been able to find it

Originally Posted by Midwest Dually
The air compressor itself is mounted on a pedistall with (4) long bolts, IIRC its a 12mm. Once you disconnect the four bolts, unplug the AC compressor and serp belt, you can lift the compressor and set it to the side or on top of the engine. The bracket has 3 bolts that are 14mm i believe. Anyways, you will also need to disconnect the vaccume pump, but you can leave it attached to the bracket, so you dont have to fuss with it. You should have acess to the fuel lines there.

Heres a close up after the bracket is removed so you can see where about the bolts that hold the bracket on are at..
I want to have one made but I’m not sure what line that is, speaking of the rubber line that goes from I believe the fuel bowl to behind the a/c bracket

Old 06-11-2019, 01:24 PM
Hussler
Postmaster

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
HI Austin, Welcome to FTE.

That's the drivers side head fuel return line and goes to the fuel pressure regulator. There is another one on the front passengers side head, kinda hard to see. Fuel is pressurized by the fuel pump in the valley and goes to the rear of the heads. Whats not used by the injectors is returned on those front ports to the regulator then back to the tanks. Not a lot of pressure, 50 - 60 psi.