Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Posting Guru

Hitokori is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
paint colors

im going to be painting my truck in a couple months and i just want a few opinions on color

im going to use this color for all over the body

Click the image to open in full size. and i was thinking about putting this color racing stripes or something
Click the image to open in full size.

im swapping my front end for a 92-96 and im probably going to paint the grille with it... maybe the bumper too unless i get a chrome one

Whats the diff between your wife and your job? After 10 years your job still sucks
Old 07-25-2010, 05:16 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
I would not like racing stripes on an old F-150, but a original scheme with the silver as the body paint and red at the side strips surely would look great.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures "He who uses no jack stands is destined to become a jack stand himself"
Old 07-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Posting Guru

idk.... which one...

Whats the diff between your wife and your job? After 10 years your job still sucks
Old 07-25-2010, 07:36 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
1st. one looks way better, to me that's it. Strips make too much of an statement not true for a pick-up truck (just being fast doesn't mean you're in a sports car), that scheme looks good in a Ford GT (drools...), hell, you could even give me a pink GT with purple spots and i would be the happiest man ever...
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures "He who uses no jack stands is destined to become a jack stand himself"
Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Posting Guru

thanks for your opinion and i think i will go with the 1st one too

but should i paint the red on bottom and gray on top or the other way?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Junior User

NotEveryBodyLikesUs is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm not too much for 2 tone.. BUT, I'd go with the red on bottom and gray on top for sure!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Posting Guru

thanks for u opinion lol coz thats what im thinking

Old 07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Junior User

NotEveryBodyLikesUs is starting off with a positive reputation.
yeah, she'll look good!

good luck bud.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Posting Guru

danger-ranger93 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like a plan man!! we better see some progress pics and some finished pics of it all
'00 F150 4x4 supercab, 5.4, auto XLT, DD
'97 ranger 4x2 reg cab short bed, traded
'84 Bronco 4x4 (duh) mud toy/project
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Posting Guru

lol there will be a bunch of pics but i have to get other stuff taken care of first

like my a/c, lifters, leaking oil pan, 200amp alt, and tires....

and i have to find a 92-96 front clip at a junk yard then im gunna paint it :P

oh yea im taking the mirrors on it off and swapping for the newer ones too..

Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 AM
Post Fiend

TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.TexasGuy001 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I really like those colors for a two tone paint scheme, but racing stripes on trucks look like crap.

That Lightning looks wierd. I do not really like those two tones like that black and copper one either, but it does look pretty good.

I don't know if you know this or not, but the old Shelby Mustangs had a certain way of painting the LeMans stripes. It made them flow with the car. Having the stipes the same width all the way from front to back makes them look too skinny.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:20 AM
The Brown Mod

Silver top! red bottom! .
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Posting Guru

hmm what a quwiky dink, i got to do lifters and oil pan too when i get a chance to tear it down once about october rolls around i hope it'll be cooler and work in the hay field will be done, but my lifters arent that bad, i really just want to check them to see if my motor is a H.O or not
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Posting Guru

lol i think i got one broke down... or the rockers loose... and any event... its got 125,xxx miles and i can put all new ones in and some 1.7 rockers....

might as well beings im going to have the intake off any way lol

Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Posting Guru

thats what im scrapin my pennys for is to get some 1.7's and maybe, just maybe a lumpy cam and if my motor isnt a H.o i will do a cam and rollers, but im not sure yet,the only thing i am sure about is doing the 1.7's
Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1987, 1995, 9296, color, colors, f150, factory, ford, paint, put, red, schemes, tone, truck, trucks