Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Posting Guru

fastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Welcome to our newest member - KooLaid

Let's welcome our newest member, KooLaid to our little chapter. He lives in the Bay Area and has a Ford Ranger. That is cool since there are a few other Ranger owners out there in our chapter. One is even trying to cram in a 5.0L V8 into one.

We are a fun group and have occasional gettogethers. We are planning one for Aug 7th somewhere in the East Bay or Vallejo, more details to follow.

Feel free to introduce yourself here and tell about your truck..

Welcome aboard,
Karl
Old 07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
Hi and welcome!

I'm the guy Karl mentioned with the V8 Ranger. Wish I could find the time to finish it...!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Post Fiend

joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
nice whats up dude
Old 07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Posting Guru

nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.
V8 ranger? That's gonna be great! The way they should've came from Ford!
Welcome sirrr!
08 VW R32.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Welcome Koolaid! I like that username. See ya on the boards.
Tim

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 08-14-2010, 05:40 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Welcome to the chapter. I am sure you will like it here.
Can't believe Tiger Dan is STILL not finished with that V8 Ranger. It was in pieces 3 years ago when I picked up the camper!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

TigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputationTigerDan has a superb reputation
...which is about how long it's been since I last worked on it. Too many other projects came along that got in the way, and since I developed a passion for off-roading, it's amazing that I can ever get anything done that's not Rover-related!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Posting Guru

nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerDan View Post
...which is about how long it's been since I last worked on it. Too many other projects came along that got in the way, and since I developed a passion for off-roading, it's amazing that I can ever get anything done that's not Rover-related!
Maybe that's a sign, Dan.
08 VW R32.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
So put a Rover emblem on the Ranger, and get to it!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Junior User

KooLaid is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh wow! I didn't even know this was posted haha. Thanks for the welcome. Surprisingly, I joined this forum YEARS ago when I lived in Colorado

"Join Date: 11-04-2004"

The ranger has since been sold but I now own an early 99 F250 V10 4x4 ex cab. This is my 3rd ford. I've owned it since March 2010 and put on about 6k miles (89k miles).

I'm on the fence though about keeping it since I just discovered that my truck eats not only fuel but about 3/4 quart of oil every 1000 miles. Apparently it is "acceptable" or "normal" from looking around on line and meeting other owners in person but I'm not sure if it is something I personally can find acceptable in quality control. Especially with just 89k miles on the truck and my 93 Acura NSX w/ 104k miles doesn't burn a drop (or realistically noticeable and measurable amount during an oil change) I can live with the fuel thirst but I don't know about the thirst for 5w30.

Dont feel bad about the V8 ranger. In the past 10 years, I've started several projects and gathered near all the parts but never finished and ending up selling off the parts and trucks such as:
Project:
93 Ranger -Camburg prerunner - 2001
81 K10 Blazer - 8" suspension lift 3" body - 2005
83 Toyota - Truggy, bobbed flatbed - 2003
Old 08-20-2010, 02:16 AM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Wow, 3/4 of a qt of oil every 1000 miles eh? I had a 1980 Dodge D50 that would drink a quart ever 1000 miles, but it had over 200k on the odometer.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Junior User

KooLaid is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyez View Post
Wow, 3/4 of a qt of oil every 1000 miles eh? I had a 1980 Dodge D50 that would drink a quart ever 1000 miles, but it had over 200k on the odometer.
Crazy isn't it?

I met a guy from Oregon while I was having dinner at "Wool Growers" in Los Banos last weekend. Apparently he also has a V10 4x4 ex cab superduty with very similiar mileage on the odometer. He says he puts in a quart of Mobil 1 every 500 miles w/o even checking the dipstick. The V10 is said to consumer synthetic alot faster than conventional oil. However his truck, like mine are running exceptionally well. He gets 18mpg highway and I get 16mpg highway, but mine has an auto.

From reading on this forum, Ford released a TSB that said up to 1 quart every 1000 miles is OK.

My question is, how in the world does it pass smog?????? (But it did pass with flying colors)
Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

My question would not be how it passed smog, but how Ford could honestly sell such a thirsty engine to the public?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 PM