1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Has anyone ever done anything to your truck that made you mad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:22 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know its sad people dont care what happens. They dont think about if it was there Brand New Truck.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TheTowingCowboy
I know its sad people dont care what happens. They dont think about if it was there Brand New Truck.

no treat it like a rare object, new trucks parts are EASY to come by. i can go buy a new truck anytime i want off the lot, try getting a nice 70s truck, they have to be recreated now because they havent been in production since the 70's

Old 07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Yeah I was just saying a new truck, but our old trucks its hard to get parts for.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:28 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by TheTowingCowboy
Yeah I was just saying a new truck, but our old trucks its hard to get parts for.
Trucks these days lack character. I see clones of my Supercrew all day but if a Dent or Bump drives by we exchange thumbs up... same with my Mustangs.

Our Dents are survivors... I get hard looks from lemming (Honda /Toyota) drivers all the time and have actually been told I'm "killing the planet" with its 10 mpg. These effin' dudley do-rights haven't figured out that the energy and materials used to make my truck has been amortized for 35+ years. In that time, they would have probably gone through six or seven cars while mine is still dutifully on the road. I may use get only 10 mpg on my 8-mile commute to work but I sure as hell don't use as much fuel as they do commuting 70+ miles per day. Who is the hypocrite?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:46 AM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
X2 For HIO Silver.

I too see new Fords all the time, Lift kits, Big Tires, F350's and Super Cabs. They are a common site around here along with Hybrids. (This is California you know...) Thies cars and trucks are a dime a dozen and just blend in with the traffic but a restored Dent sticks out from the crowd.

My common complaint I get about my truck is the smelly exhaust fumes. I just say that's the was ALL cars smelled like back in the 70's especially the ones that didn't have smog devises.

Most Dents around here are trashed or being used by Gardeners who beat them up silly. It is very rare to see a restored Dent here in the San Francisco Bay Area but when I do we always exchange waves or Thumbs Up. A few days ago I spotted a beautiful silver 77 4X4 on Edgewood Road in San Carlos. At the time I was driving my Daily Driver a 05 Black Chevy Suburban but I still waved to the guy. He didn't wave back and probably thought I was just being a curtious driver by letting him pass me up. I really wanted to look at the truck!

Sorry to get off topic a little bit.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:53 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Around here most older trucks are just haf there and when you someone drives a restroed done up dent people will look and point.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't go back and read this whole thread, so this may have been covered. I know my bad, but I really get P'd off when somebody slams the door. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Yeah we touched that one like 5 or 6 times its a real fire starter.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
OrangeJuice
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I first got my truck from Oregon back in Dec 1991, I was 18 and had to take it to a Washington State Patrol inspection station to get it inspected for getting it licensed in Washington. The inspector guy was some older cranky, gruff inspector who was probably a former trooper who was a disgruntled employee at the station. So I came rolling in the station and this guy looked it over. Now my truck is a 76 and at the time only had 29,906 miles on it and very clean when I brought it home. He finished inspecting it then made the comment: ''Well, this is a nice looking old Ford you have, let's just see how long it stays in this shape with someone young like you driving it''. I know...what an azz he was. I was young back then and just laughed it off, but now if that happened I would park, go in the station and ask to speak to his supervisor and make them aware of his unprofessional comment. Not sure if that would do any good, but it would make me feel better...lol. So, if he could only see the truck now 18 1/2 years later and the shape it's in, he would probably go ''Ugh'' and have to eat his words. Actually, thinking back to that event now makes me a little mad that he even thought that. I know he didn't like me, but this goes to show you just because you're young doesn't mean you won't appreciate and take good care of an old Ford truck.

OJ

Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Most boys I went to school with put 3 sets of tires on there truck since we were in the 10th grade... I still got the same tires on mine that were on it when I got it. I appreciate and love my 95 and I love all my truck (And my former GF's know the trucks come first)

Old 07-25-2010, 01:50 PM
USArmyTaterness
Posting Guru
Gotta have your priorities I told my wife when we got married. I'm gonna own guns and hunt, and I'm gonna buy car junk I can't afford to tinke with for awhile til I buy another project I dont need but wat and drop lots of money into and I love you honey.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by USArmyTaterness
Gotta have your priorities I told my wife when we got married. I'm gonna own guns and hunt, and I'm gonna buy car junk I can't afford to tinke with for awhile til I buy another project I dont need but wat and drop lots of money into and I love you honey.
I am so going to remember that lol but I always tell girls I get with, my truks come first your second. Lol very few have stayed and even fewer have liked it.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 AM
USArmyTaterness
Posting Guru
Well there was your first mistake you told the whole truth I left a good little gap that they can assume that they take priority lol and you get to do all the fun things you want to do and have a pretty girl to ride with. Well I suppose she doesn't have to be pretty but I guess thats just me eye candy for the eye candy

Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Casey429
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The door thing is a hot button issue with me and a few of my buddies. A good friend of mine constantly has to yell at people for slamming the doors on his '79. The common response is "It's not a Chevy, my door pins still work!" I've never had anything happen to my dent since its been off the road since 1990. But, my dad had a little incident maybe 5-6 years back while the truck was sitting at my paps house. He was backing his Peterbilt and flatbed trailer into the lot where his and my paps garage is to work on it. He tagged the bedside with the tail of the trailer and but a really nice big dent in it and tore the trim off. I think he was more upset than I was.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever done anything to your truck that made you mad?