Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 01:15 PM
New User

pasprobe is starting off with a positive reputation.
a/c stop working

help, during my trip from quebec, canada to myrthle beach, the a/c stop working and never want to freeze again. So the a/c are not working. Just before the a/c die I heard a hissing sound. (like if the compressor bearing of fan bearing went bad). I'm not able to have a appointment to the ford stealer before 3 days and I want to use my truck in the hot weather that we have. I forget my owner manual and I don't know witch fuse can be blown or were to look at. Please if someone have the fuse display (witch one do what). Or if you have a idea of what my problem is, let me know
Old 07-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Hi pasprobe, welcome to FTE!

What year Expy do you have?

EDIT: profile shows 2007

On my 2005 SD, the solenoid value was bad. "Got a call back from Service today, TSB 05-14-4 is what he stated they looked at to fix the problem.

Going to replace the vacuum pump, part no. 6C3z-2A451-BA. Cost to repair $345.00."

This may be your problem or it could also be a vacuum leak in the system.

This is a picture of what it looks like.

Click the image to open in full size.

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14

Last edited by glruff; 07-19-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
These don't seem to fail often. I would verify the pump is in fact broken and not just a leak in the system. stealerships are more desperate than ever before - don't trust them....

Sounds like you have a leak in the auto-hub system. Start at vac lines to hubs, replace hose as necessary. Then follow those lines to pass-side fender well (engine compartment). There is a solenoid valve for hubs near vac pump.

I doubt your hubs actually locked in 4wd. If you can spin the front driveshaft or either axleshaft w/trans in neutral - hubs not locked. You can also jack one front wheel at a time and if tire spins while in 4wd - not locked...

After verifying vac IS going to hubs, check hubs following these directions:
Welcome to guzzle's 4x4 Autolock Hub Lubrication Maintenance Web Page
This may help you some.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
New User

It's a expedition 2007 limited max or EL in us word

I finally find the owner's manual and check every fuses, they are all good, I also swap the a/c relay without succes, so something is telling to not start the compressor, maybe the valve you are talking about or does it have a safety pressure valve. Maybe after 24 hours of driving in hot temperature the pressure went to high?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Just curious, do you have A/C from the defroster vents by the windshield?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:34 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
Just curious, do you have A/C from the defroster vents by the windshield?
no, nothing, the compressor doesn't start at all, the relay click but the compressor do nothing, I'm able to turn the compressor by hand but the clutch look like dead.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have a diesel or gas motor?

Old 07-19-2010, 02:44 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
Do you have a diesel or gas motor?
gas motor, 5.4 l like all the expy 2007 and up.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Hang in there, one of the members who knows a lot more than me will be here shortly and I am sure they will be able to help you.

You may try searching in the http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum61/

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/97...eezing-up.html

Last edited by glruff; 07-19-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
1994, 1996, 60, ac, broken, compressor, expedition, f250, ford, picture, pump, relay, show, start, stops, truck, vacuum, working