Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2010, 06:23 AM
New User

bstc00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
interchangeable parts

Hey, Im new to the site and some what new to the X. I have had mine for a couple months now and would like to change out my headlights and wanted to know if the 05-07 ones will work.

-I would also like to get a new grille as I dont like the one I have.

-Is there a way to get the cab lights on the X?

-One last qustion can I change out the side mirrors of the one with amber turn lights on them of a 08-10.

Thanks for the help.
Bryce
Old 07-16-2010, 06:45 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstc00 View Post
Hey, Im new to the site and some what new to the X. I have had mine for a couple months now and would like to change out my headlights and wanted to know if the 05-07 ones will work.

-I would also like to get a new grille as I dont like the one I have.

-Is there a way to get the cab lights on the X?

-One last qustion can I change out the side mirrors of the one with amber turn lights on them of a 08-10.

Thanks for the help.
Bryce
The answer to all your questions is: Yes!

You can do the complete 05-07 front end conversion, add some cab lights, and those gigantic powered 08-11 tow mirrors. The mirrors may require a little creative wiring, but when it's done you'll love it!
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 07-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Senior User

Slug-O is starting off with a positive reputation.
I want the mirrors bad... Got a Link on that???
Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Posting Guru

JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.
Mirrors were $1600/each last I checked, but it's been a while.

And actually, everything is interchangable with everything, if you have a big enough hammer.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:09 PM
New User

christianpaul1968 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hi all
I just replaced my rear tail lights with a smoked chrome set
a bit of await for them to be shipped to uk and a nice letter and bill from customs for inport tax anh handling fee but worth it my 04 ex looks like its fresh off the forcourt
regards chris
Old 07-18-2010, 09:24 PM
New User

2000Exc is starting off with a positive reputation.
i have a 2000 < Are the grills from all years interchangeable?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Senior User

Slug-O is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Exc View Post
i have a 2000 < Are the grills from all years interchangeable?
99/04 if I'm correct...
Old 07-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Senior User

SARGE/AF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
The answer to all your questions is: Yes!

You can do the complete 05-07 front end conversion, add some cab lights, and those gigantic powered 08-11 tow mirrors. The mirrors may require a little creative wiring, but when it's done you'll love it!
Instead of just changing the mirrors, can you interchange the whole door from a 08 to a 05? this would do away with the wireing issues, door panel, as you only have the heated mirror wire, power, ground to connect.
Besides it would easier and most likely cheaper to just buy the whole door.

Sarge
Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Postmaster

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE/AF View Post
Instead of just changing the mirrors, can you interchange the whole door from a 08 to a 05? this would do away with the wireing issues, door panel, as you only have the heated mirror wire, power, ground to connect.
Besides it would easier and most likely cheaper to just buy the whole door.

Sarge
Couple problems with that senario. First, after the 08's came out and those that didn't order the power mirrors tried to refit to power mirrors they figured out that the controls are in the computer system and not just the door switches. The other is the interior panels on the doors will be different, as ford doesn't have the newer ones for the back doors as the doors are diff than the sd's.
The rewiring is actually pretty simple. I'm not elecrically inclined and I found it around 4 out of 10. 10 being hard. It took longer to add the signal wire and running light than the rest of the new wiring for the power mirrors as my 02 didn't come stock with those options. Lots of posts on here on how to do the wiring to make things easier.
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Senior User

SARGE/AF is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
Couple problems with that senario. First, after the 08's came out and those that didn't order the power mirrors tried to refit to power mirrors they figured out that the controls are in the computer system and not just the door switches. The other is the interior panels on the doors will be different, as ford doesn't have the newer ones for the back doors as the doors are diff than the sd's.
The rewiring is actually pretty simple. I'm not elecrically inclined and I found it around 4 out of 10. 10 being hard. It took longer to add the signal wire and running light than the rest of the new wiring for the power mirrors as my 02 didn't come stock with those options. Lots of posts on here on how to do the wiring to make things easier.
Will have to check on that, never thought about it but I dont see how it could that much different because mine has the same features except for the electic folding ability the 08's have and mine dont. I have to manual fold mine.
As far as door panels, If the front is interchangable then the rear would be too, anyway I plan on custom interior panels for the rear doors and back doors.

Sarge
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Postmaster

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE/AF View Post
Will have to check on that, never thought about it but I dont see how it could that much different because mine has the same features except for the electic folding ability the 08's have and mine dont. I have to manual fold mine.
As far as door panels, If the front is interchangable then the rear would be too, anyway I plan on custom interior panels for the rear doors and back doors.

Sarge
Rear doors of the sd pickups are about 4-6" shorter than that of the the X rear doors.
The features of the new mirrors thru the control on the door are totally different. It has been tried to no avail. Way faster, easier and doable to just add new switches for the fold/xtend feature, and the rest of the controls stay the same on the door switches. I looked into this when I changed mine, did a lot of reading on here for all the necessary info.
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM