Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Postmaster

Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
GSi1 XD
Door Chime

Stop the door chime when your keys are in the ignition switch on the 2011 Super Duty.

1. Remove the 3 screws that attach the bottom half of the steering column cover. You will need a 5.5mm or 7/32" socket to remove them.
2. The connector is located about 3" below and 2" in front of the turn signal lever, unclip the latch and remove the connector.
Click the image to open in full size.

3. Pry the red lock out of the connector, this will allow you to bend the locking tab, and remove the blue wire. The blue wire is located between the violet/blue wire and blue/violet wire. The blue wire is also a smaller gauge than the other 5 wires.
4. Put a piece of heat shrink or electrical tape over the end of the blue wire, snap the red lock back in place, plug the connector back in and replace the steering column cover.
5. Enjoy the silence and remember your key pad unlock code.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Tomahawk - that's awesome. I count on the little chime though cause I'd leave the keys in the ignition all the time without it...
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 07-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Freshman User

Huntingbigun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool any ideas on the back up camera to make it on demand?

2011 F250 CC,SB, 6.7 Black,Lariat Ultimate, FX4, 3.31 locker, remote start, line X, low profile tool box, bushwacker pocket flairs, ready lift stg III lift, 18X9 moto 959 wheels & Toyo 325-65-18
2010 Expedition EL Pearl White/black interior (wife's ride)
Old 07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Senior User

my996duc1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingbigun View Post
Cool any ideas on the back up camera to make it on demand?
Obviously a pulled wire would be ideal but I sent this company an email a few weeks ago and they said to check back in a month for our application.
This unlocks a few features on other models such as DVD, NAV, and camera(s). It also allows a person to add multiple cameras.
FORD LOCKPICKS
2011 F250 6.7L CC SWB FX4 - Titan Tank/Bilstein Leveling kit & 5100 shocks/Ride Rite air bags/High idle mod/Viair & shocker horns/Anzo bed lights/BakFlip HD/Ready Lift 4" rear blocks/EZ-down/Husky 5th slider/Door seal mod/ Toyo Open Country AT 285/75R18

2012 Attitude FL28AKLG toyhauler (TRIPLE axle conversion)
2006 Trailbalzer SS / 2007 KTM 525 EXC supermoto / 1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop crawler
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
The only annoyance so far on my new truck is when I put the tailgate down to back under the fifth wheel the back up camera loses it's mind. I know you just disable it from the info center but it still annoys me. If this is my biggest complaint I should just keep quiet. I have the AutoEnginuity software package but I have not hooked it up yet to see what it can do.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatic View Post
The only annoyance so far on my new truck is when I put the tailgate down to back under the fifth wheel the back up camera loses it's mind. I know you just disable it from the info center but it still annoys me. If this is my biggest complaint I should just keep quiet. I have the AutoEnginuity software package but I have not hooked it up yet to see what it can do.
Hey Rick - Keep quiet, will ya? Some of us have serious issues with the truck to discuss. For example, mine accumulates too many miles too quickly and it gets dirty really fast. Give us some space, sheeze... (sarc)
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 07-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Postmaster

rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.rickatic has a great reputation on FTE.
Maybe I will go over to the Dodge Boys forums...
Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
10 minutes and done. Thanks Tomohawk.

Looking forward to the ways to unlock the nav while driving, DVD while driving. Passengers get a raw deal and so do I not being able to have someone else input nav destinations while I am driving.
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Senior User

Rafiki2cu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatic View Post
Maybe I will go over to the Dodge Boys forums...
Now you better leave the dodge boys alone, the last time I read the rv forum I thought you were going to give them a heart attack.
2009 Carrage Domani DF310 3M Salsa Red Full Body Paint
Old 08-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Postmaster

The Dodge boys over there are a very insecure bunch. Any other brand post brings them out in droves. They must be suicidal today after hearing Ford made 2.6 billion and GM made 130 billion and Chrysler lost 170 million. I guess if I had a well respected engine I would crow but they ultimately must realize the truck wrapped around it is a POS. They get impatient with me because I fight back with facts and personal experience. They fight with anecdotal and wrong information. I will admit that it is getting old.

Regards
Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Senior User

rdenis is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey Ricatic - did you ever try hooking up your AE to see what's available?
Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Elder User

FORDTUF1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thanks for the info!! now what I have to do is find out how to bypass the seatbelt one. Previous ones you could just push in the red release button, not anymore. I ALWAYS wear it while driving but around the yard, field, messing around it sure is annoying.

When I hook my 5th wheel I just get a real close up view of my bumper and license plate, but it still is working.
07 Wildcat 36' 5'er ~ 11,000 lb house on wheels
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Elder User

bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bnmccoy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Would be nice if Ford would add a second camera for the goosenecks and fifth wheel hitching. At least you guys get your camera video on your Nav unit; I have the Navigation but my backup camera is in the mirror. But I do have the hack for my Nav while driving although it does nothing for Sirius menu..... And no DVD video playing in my model.

I can't see my hitch in bed as the fold-a-cover blocks my view.....

Bob
(traded the 06 w/ 45Kmi. 10/1/07)
(traded the 04 w/ 56Kmi. 3/25/06) N5BUJ
Old 08-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Senior User

Rick Cargo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would be very nice just to eliminate the stupid chime altogether!
Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Senior User

skylinekw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nothing like peace and quite thanks, this helped out alot. I always leave my key in the ignition and the keyless entry button in my pocket. No more chiming! I was surprised that if you shut the truck off with the key in the ignition and the lights on it still chimes, wich is good. Good instructions, it took no time at all.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
150, 2003, 2010, 2011, chime, chimes, disable, disabling, door, driver, duty, f150, f250, ford, silence, super