6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Door Chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:09 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
My wife nags me much louder and I have been ignoring her for more than 16 years, so the chime doesn't bother me that much.

Yes.
Here's to 16 more. My DW and I have been married almost 32 years.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:19 PM
lakedweller
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
My wife nags me much louder and I have been ignoring her for more than 16 years, so the chime doesn't bother me that much.

Yes.

When you get 40 years under your belt lets see what you say

Old 04-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Mayne Man
Junior User
we have 45 years and can"t even hear the bells any more. Life just keeps getting better.mayne man

Old 08-10-2011, 11:54 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Turn off Safety-Belt Chime

The driver and front passenger Belt-Minder feature can be deactivated by performing the following procedure.

Before following the procedure, make sure that:

* The parking brake is set
* The gearshift is in P (Park)
* The ignition switch is in the off position
* The driver and front passenger safety belts are unbuckled

1. Turn the ignition switch to the on position. Do not start the engine.

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (approximately 1 minute)

* Step 3 must be completed within 30 seconds after the safety belts warning light turns off.

3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending in the unbuckled state.

* After step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be turned on for 3 seconds.

4. Within approximately 7 seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

* This will disable the Belt-Minder feature for that seat position if it is currently enabled. As confirmed, the restraint system warning light will flash four times per second for 3 seconds.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:05 PM
2010f100
New User
Kill open door chime with key on

I replaced my 08 in June. Drove home and pulled the ignition switch, dug a bit further and found the switch behind it which activates the key in ignition chime. Similar to what I've done on previous trucks, but a bit trickier. Disconnecting the blue wire is much easier. Adding auxiliary backup lights today and the door open chime got on my nerves. Trying to listen to the radio while wiring the upfitter switch to the pass thru wire. So I hit the computer and found this thread, killed the blue wire and the chime is still going when the door is open with the key in accessory position. Bad call by Ford. It could at least time out after a few seconds. I found the post about grounding the green and purple wire but as my voltage tester kept both the green and red lights glowing whether the door was open or closed I assumed that was not the route to go. I pulled the door cover and found the switch on the latch. Yes, it has a green and purple wire, and a black one. Jumping these two kills the chime. It also disables the interior light and the radio continues to play after you open the door. It looks like a switch is in order.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
GDAWG 2012XLT
Freshman User
Shortride you rock. Now I can be out hunting and not hear that chime any more. The only thing that was different was the airbag light lite never came on. I did it when the seat belt lite came on then the seatbelt lite flashed four times per second for three seconds.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010f100
It also disables the interior light and the radio continues to play after you open the door. It looks like a switch is in order.
If you only need it disabled temporarily, why don't you just hit the door latch with a screwdriver?
I'm assuming that was mentioned earlier in this thread.

I thought of a wire modification but I remembered the other things depend on sensors to work, like the accessory delay as you mentioned.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 AM
dmags
Senior User
I was wondering how to make those dam lights going on and off every time I open or close the friggin door
I thought I read some where something about that

Old 01-28-2012, 05:38 PM
2010f100
New User
Door open chime

I wired a switch in line to jumper the two wires on the door latch sensor. It is the rear (and of course more difficult to reach) of the two plugs on the latch inside the door. I'll post a couple pics later. a simple rocker cut into the underside of the armrest. Looks great and works perfectly. Just flip the switch to kill the door open chime with the key in the accessory position. Flip it back to restore interior lights etc. I also wired an upfitter switch to activate the fog lights, but that belongs in another thread.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 PM
The Infidel
New User
Thank you so much for this needed info.....

Old 06-25-2012, 12:16 PM
DSL_PWR
Trailering
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome, I will do this next weekend.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:19 PM
flyinnuts
Senior User
Thanks again Tomahawk. The procedure worked on my '11 350...repeated the same procedure on my '15....worked great also. Silence!!

Old 05-05-2015, 10:52 PM
iski123
New User
help with the locking tab?

Having some issues on the final step. I've removed the red lock out of the connector but am having issues bending the locking tab... anyone have a more detailed description on how to go about it? I've been poking and prodding in there but if I **** it up I'm assuming the process can never be reversed. What exactly does the locking tab look like? which way do I have to bend it? once bent correctly does the wire pull out easy?

Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I tore into the console in my 2015 soon after I got it and could not locate the proper wire to do this. Is it still the same color? I would try again but I would like to be more certain. There's more stuff in there than there used to be.....

Old 05-06-2015, 09:53 PM
flyinnuts
Senior User
Iski123-the metal tab is not the part you need to "bend". I used a very small flat blamed screwdriver that would fit into the connector( the end opposite the end the wires come into) to press on the plastic tab inside the connector. Use a bright flashlight (and in my case a good pair of glasses) and you can see the tab. Press against it and the wire pulls out easily. Hope this helps.

ruschejj-yep, same wire color as shown earlier in the post. Works great.

Quick Reply: Door Chime