Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Posting Guru

fastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to beholdfastmover is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Welcome to our newest member - Incenter12

Welcome to our newest member, Incenter12. He hales from center of the state, Lemoore (wonder if he works at the NAS???) and drives an '85 F250 withe 6.9L. Seems like we are getting lots of new members who drive diesels.

Incenter12, please feel free to introduce yourself in this thread and tell us a little about yourself and your truck. No pressure, but we love seeing pics of member's trucks here.

Welcome aboard,
Karl
Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the club Incenter12. Another oil burner eh? That 6.9 was a work horse. Used to have one in a fire engine long ago. Great engines.

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Post Fiend

joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
hey whats up i have a 6.9 to so i dont have to ask diesel swap any abody lol
Old 07-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Posting Guru

nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome Incenter!
Keep the oil burners coming!
98 Jetta VR6
82 Mercedes 300SD, fuel screw adjusted.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Post Fiend

joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.joe f350 has a good reputation on FTE.
yep real trucks dont have spark plugs
Old 07-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Postmaster

3Mike6 has a good reputation on FTE.3Mike6 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe f350 View Post
yep real trucks dont have spark plugs

No, real trucks don't have glowplugs!

BWAHAHA!
Old 07-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Posting Guru

nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Mike6 View Post
No, real trucks don't have glowplugs!

BWAHAHA!
OOOO! good one! I'm with you on that.
98 Jetta VR6
82 Mercedes 300SD, fuel screw adjusted.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Junior User

Incenter12 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good morning everybody and thanks for the welcome.

I stumbled across this truck near my house and was pretty excited to find the old Ford diesel I'd always wanted. It's an '85 F250 XLT Lariat extended cab, 6.9L, 2wd, 4 speed. It's got 137k and is all original. I'm the third owner and the previous owner had it since '88. He would just hook up his RV and drive it to Idaho and back once a year.

Since I've gotten it I have flushed all the fluids except transmission, diff, and power steering (need to get to those), replaced the radiator, removed the camper shell, running boards, and third diesel tank, fixed the tail lights, did the relay mod for the headlights, new fuel return lines, and updated the interior a little bit. The truck already had a 4" exhaust and no soup bowl, updated glow plugs, a slightly new paint job, and a new clutch.

I'm not planning mach more work other than general preventative maintenance. Maybe a 5 speed or overdrive in the future. It's got 4.10's now so it screams on the highway.

I've been in the area for a little over a year now and work at the base. So far it's been a good time.

Cheers.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Post Fiend

nice yep with 4.10 u will scream down the high way i have 3.55 ratio and i get 20 plus rolling down i5 u should check out the idi section they love ur trucck and there is another guy in the chapter thats got a idi to
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Welcome to the forum. And that is one nice looking truck. I like that particular generation of full size Ford trucks. Maybe one day I will actually own one.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter

Tags
burners, incenter12, oil