Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Elder User

rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.
56 f600 cummins conversion video link

Finally got around to making a video.

YouTube - 56 ford f600 cummins conversion test drive_0001.wmv
Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 AM
Elder User

big job is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Vidio

This is something everybody in here should watch. Now it is positive
there is real talent and craftmanship in here. Satisfaction comes when
you work with a 50 year old truck each day side by side with new
ones and the work gets done. Comments like the other day on the scale
guy behind me comes up with a frown its got air brakes?? Yep got
power steering to and its paid for! Me not being a wise guy to him, i said
well maybe you were born to late and missed out on the good stuff.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 AM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Agreed, that is a really clean conversion, can't believe how smooth that shifts! What are the plans for use of the truck?
Old 07-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Elder User

rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.rustyrelic has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
Agreed, that is a really clean conversion, can't believe how smooth that shifts! What are the plans for use of the truck?
It's really just a big toy. I have no plans to use it commercially, it has historic plates so I can't legally haul anything. I was motivated to do the conversion so I could drive it on the freeway and keep up with the big boys!
I drove it to the ATHS (American Truck Historical Society) national truck show in Pleasanton Ca. this past May. I use it around town on weekends (any excuse to drive it) and take it to work friday's (36 mile round trip)
Old 07-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice truck,rustyrelic!! I had my diesel56 running,but traded it off,and wish I had the gumption to install a baby cummings 12 valve in my 56 f600.
hAVE TOO many trucks now.....but that diesel sounds great.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Elder User

bump for skzuk
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Posting Guru

The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.The Horvaths has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the bump. Nice rig. Really nice.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Senior User

Skzuk has a good reputation on FTE.Skzuk has a good reputation on FTE.Skzuk has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrelic View Post
bump for skzuk
Fits like a glove! No work needed to the firewall?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skzuk View Post
Fits like a glove! No work needed to the firewall?

Thanks
No cutting but I did have to do a little hammer work on the driver's side of the factory recess in the firewall to clear the head on the cummins
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 AM