1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Better Late than Never Department

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Better Late than Never Department

My truck came back from the paint and body shop in August 1999. My body man put all the trim and emblems on. However, the dots that go between the 'F' and the'100' did not come with the hood side emblems. So I called Mid-Fifty and they shipped 2 dots and clips to me. Well I never took the truck back to the body shop cause soccer practice and school had started and I was busy and had no extra time. And of course I thought I could do it myself later. Well, the dots and clips laid on my workbench in the little brown envelope they came in. I labeled them in large letters to be sure I never threw them away. I saw them every time I had to get in my truck or had to get a tool in the garage...
I wasn't too keen on drilling holes into my hood either...

Yesterday, I got up the gumption to find the right sized bit mark off what I thought was the right spot between the F and the 100, tapped it with a center punch and drilled the holes. I pressed in the clips and pushed in the dots! Both sides look good.

I can check that one off my "to do" list!

Those that gave me tips, thank you.

Now the next thing is to put on the correct tailights for '53-'54 that I have sitting on my work bench for at least 3 years!

Old 07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Nice going, Abe! Any brown bag labeled on my bench, or anything else for that matter, never gets thrown away, it just keeps getting piled up. I started to put an end to that yesterday. I'm about 1/8th of the way done after two days so far.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:35 PM
TomPorter
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Abe, did you take any photos of your 'dot' project?

Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,610 Likes on 1,454 Posts
Yes, it was video taped and put on You Tube but was deemed too simple and stupid to waste their space on it so they took it off!! Ha-Ha

Actually, I did take photos with an old 35mm film camera and one of these days I will get them developed and will post them. The film is now lying on my workbench under some other stuff that I need to do!! Ha-Ha-Ha

Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feels good when you cross a project off the to-do list!!
I have always used a notebook and write down my needs and cross off the projects when done. I really have my work cut out for me now.....with ''EARL'' and all the parts to re-assemble and just got them unloaded and all are in plastic bags with them marked.
My other trucks have gotten some work done also.
Feels good to accomplish even the smallest job.....nice going,Abe!!