Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty169 View Post
SCT and their canned tunes now allow you to turn off the egr. FYI, these are the new tunes SCT installed on my XF3.
so does that mean I should update my tuner again? Im kinda skared to.
the street tune runs really well no smoke and just enugh to make it run.
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Elder User

jetact is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
SCT and their canned tunes now allow you to turn off the egr. FYI, these are the new tunes SCT installed on my XF3.
Is one of these tuners better then the other or do they do different things. I wil need to turn the CEL off for EGR delete. Noth sure if I need nore power but would like to have the option. Can they do more then one tune so you can experiment? Do you haveot send it back in for updating or can you download what you wnat? Does it cost more to download new tunes?

Thanks for the advice.
2005 Lariat F-350, 6.0, CC, Auto, 4x4 LWB, SRW, 4" Skyjacker, 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT, Intro wheels, ARP studs, High Idle mod, 4" MBRP turbo back no cat, Dieselsite coolant filter, Bright box, Line of fire, Recon LED taillights, Recon smoke side mirror lens, LED turn & back up lights, 4 PIAA lights, 20" Rigid E-Series. CST Insight w EGT probe and fuel pressure sensor. Firestone air bags, 24" wipers, SCT X3 Ed's Ficm w Atlas 40, Kenwood Excelon DDX896, DVD player, 2 headrest screens and one roof screen.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetact View Post
Is one of these tuners better then the other or do they do different things. I wil need to turn the CEL off for EGR delete. Noth sure if I need nore power but would like to have the option. Can they do more then one tune so you cna experiment?

Thanks for the advice.
the sf3 has 5 tunes in it that are "canned" you can have custome tunes built for your needs wants by lot of people.

I will say you shouldnt tow with a street / race tune.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Elder User

matty169 has a good reputation on FTE.matty169 has a good reputation on FTE.
TUNES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
so does that mean I should update my tuner again? Im kinda skared to.
the street tune runs really well no smoke and just enugh to make it run.
They work for me. The sct performance tune runs as good or better than my custom tunes and gets better mileage. Also has better bottom end.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Elder User

Quote:
the sf3 has 5 tunes in it that are "canned" you can have custome tunes built for your needs wants by lot of people.

I will say you shouldnt tow with a street / race tune.
So your happy with the sf3. Canned tunes are just different and varying degrees of tunes. Would you tow with any tune or take it back to stock?. I am using the insight CST, the tunes wouldnt have any effect on that as I am just reading what the engine is doing correct?
2005 Lariat F-350, 6.0, CC, Auto, 4x4 LWB, SRW, 4" Skyjacker, 35x12.50x20 Toyo MT, Intro wheels, ARP studs, High Idle mod, 4" MBRP turbo back no cat, Dieselsite coolant filter, Bright box, Line of fire, Recon LED taillights, Recon smoke side mirror lens, LED turn & back up lights, 4 PIAA lights, 20" Rigid E-Series. CST Insight w EGT probe and fuel pressure sensor. Firestone air bags, 24" wipers, SCT X3 Ed's Ficm w Atlas 40, Kenwood Excelon DDX896, DVD player, 2 headrest screens and one roof screen.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 PM
Post Fiend

I think you should be ok with the insite.
If I were to tow it would be with a tow tune. or a stock tune with egr turned off. what level of tow tune depends on the load you are hauling.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Elder User

Thank you very much. I only tow a 27' enclosed snowmobile trailer with 4 sleds and gear so problably 5,000 lbs at the most. I will find where I can order the sf3 and get it ordered. Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Elder User

Towing and the SF3.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetact View Post
Thank you very much. I only tow a 27' enclosed snowmobile trailer with 4 sleds and gear so problably 5,000 lbs at the most. I will find where I can order the sf3 and get it ordered. Thanks for the advice.
I believe the performance tune allows up to 9000lb. towing. Next to NO smoke.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
I believe the performance tune allows up to 9000lb. towing. Next to NO smoke.
my performance tunes smokes pretty good. my street tune not at all.
the sf3 also comes with 3 tow tunes. O ya and a firm shifty tune for the trans that can be solo or added with any of the others.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Elder User

Quote:
the sf3 also comes with 3 tow tunes. O ya and a firm shifty tune for the trans that can be solo or added with any of the others.
These sound like fun. 3 tow tunes, must be for different weights? does any of the sponsors here carry these that you would reccomend?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
Elder User

Yep

Quote:
The SCT performance tune is what I was talking about. I get VERY LITTLE smoke. Mostly a puff if I stab the throttle before I have boost and thats about it.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
I tow an approximately 12,500 lbs fifth wheel (loaded). Should I stay with the stock tune with egr turned off or do they have a safe towing tune to use that gets better fuel economy, or????
Also, I too would like to know a good source to purchase this tuner and get the good towing tunes.

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Senior User

CAMPINGTOM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone View Post
I tow an approximately 12,500 lbs fifth wheel (loaded). Should I stay with the stock tune with egr turned off or do they have a safe towing tune to use that gets better fuel economy, or????
Also, I too would like to know a good source to purchase this tuner and get the good towing tunes.
I got my SCT X3 and tunes from Innovative. He will write just about whatever tune you want. You can get a tune that just disables egr with no horse power gains.

There are many other people (companies) that do tuning. May be contact them and see who has a good price and can give you the tunes you want.

FWIW, My mileage is not better with any of the tunes I've tried.

2006 E-150 work van

Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Postmaster

olfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to beholdolfordsnstone is a splendid one to behold
I called Innovative and it seems that $429 is their price, due to Eric's tunes, which they say are superior to other vendors tunes. Should I take their word for it or shop around for a lower price. Money is getting tight these days and I am tempted to find a lower price, but I really don't want to load something in there that I'll regret later. If Innovative IS superior, that's the way I want to go.
Any input? Thanks in advance, T

05 F350 4x4 CC SB Tow Com 6.0 Auto (camper puller)
74 F250 4x4 w/ C8-460 4sp (restore project and wood truck)
07 Everest 295TS Fifth Wheel (rolling beer drinkin' den)
56 Sweetheart (wife)
These are my ladies
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone View Post
I called Innovative and it seems that $429 is their price, due to Eric's tunes, which they say are superior to other vendors tunes. Should I take their word for it or shop around for a lower price. Money is getting tight these days and I am tempted to find a lower price, but I really don't want to load something in there that I'll regret later. If Innovative IS superior, that's the way I want to go.
Any input? Thanks in advance, T
So thats for the X3 correct? Do you need a custom tune? I am going with the sf3 as cheezit has had good luck with it. I have no idea what I would ask for in a custom tune. As long as I can do the EGR delte I will be happy I think.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM