Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

side effect of disconneting egr valve

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #211  
Old 07-23-2014, 10:12 AM
jfirstford's Avatar
jfirstford jfirstford is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 218
jfirstford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I finally got a chance to read through this whole thread and now I'm a little confused and slightly more enlightened about the effect of an unplugged EGR Valve in my '04 build PSD.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, although no code(s) will be generated, an unplugged EGR Valve in a '03-'04 build will cause some degree of insufficient fan clutch engagement, therefore higher potential for engine overheating and less efficient A/C condenser coil cooling. And that degree of insufficient fan clutch engagement may be anything from none-at-all to less-than-it-should-be?
__________________
Original Owner 2004 F250 Lariat Crewcab FX4 Shortbox, 6.0L PSD, 5-Spd Torqshift, 3.73 Lmtd Slip Axle, Tires: LT265/75R16E. White/Beige, Husky floor liners, CoverCraft seat covers, Line-X, PE Jackrabbit. Spring'10: Rotella Synthetic 5W-40, SCT X3. Spring'11: ScanGuageII, Coolant Filter, Crazy amt of coolant flushing. Aug'14: Replaced HPOP, 3rd Oil Cooler, RCD Delete w valve in place, Gearhead SRL. Feb'15: DC 190HD Alt, Alt Wire Upgrade, Blue Spring, FICMRepair Ultra, Atlas 40.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 AM
bcfarmer bcfarmer is offline
Junior User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 65
bcfarmer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfirstford View Post
I finally got a chance to read through this whole thread and now I'm a little confused and slightly more enlightened about the effect of an unplugged EGR Valve in my '04 build PSD.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, although no code(s) will be generated, an unplugged EGR Valve in a '03-'04 build will cause some degree of insufficient fan clutch engagement, therefore higher potential for engine overheating and less efficient A/C condenser coil cooling. And that degree of insufficient fan clutch engagement may be anything from none-at-all to less-than-it-should-be?
From my understanding that is correct.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 09-13-2014, 12:26 AM
Bullitt390's Avatar
Bullitt390 Bullitt390 is offline
Certified Thread Hijacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 12,653
Bullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud of
joshjones.thewelder
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit View Post
Josh I was only able to varify the concern with vxcf9. Never had a code in my either, just wasnt able to activate the cooling fan correctly with ids
I tried with both a 2005 with VXCF7 and my 2006 VXCF4 both EGR plugged in and unplugged and the fan operated correctly @ 2500 engine rpm and fan duty cycle of 100%.

I questioned whether the PCM might need a couple drive cycles of the EGR being unplugged? Just thinking out loud on that one.

I need to scrounge up an older 03/04 or retry with a newer truck with VXCF9. Just from the look of things maybe the newest strategy is the kicker with having an unplugged EGR valve?

Josh
__________________


2006 F250 SCSB XLT 6.0 PowerStroke Diesel 4X4: Gearhead Quicktricks Tuning Atlas 40 FICM Rotella 0W40 Rotella ELC Mechman 240 DASHBOSS Ford VCM II IDS Custom Y-Pipe Fabrication
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 09-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Restlesswildman Restlesswildman is offline
Elder User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 888
Restlesswildman has a very good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a very good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt390 View Post
I tried with both a 2005 with VXCF7 and my 2006 VXCF4 both EGR plugged in and unplugged and the fan operated correctly @ 2500 engine rpm and fan duty cycle of 100%.

I questioned whether the PCM might need a couple drive cycles of the EGR being unplugged? Just thinking out loud on that one.

I need to scrounge up an older 03/04 or retry with a newer truck with VXCF9. Just from the look of things maybe the newest strategy is the kicker with having an unplugged EGR valve?

Josh
If you were in Ohio I would be your guinea pig! lol
__________________
2003 Ford Excursion 6.0L ,Scan Gauge II, FICMrepair.com ATLAS 40 repaired FICM, Blue Spring Mod, Cleaned and Resealed HFCM(not a mod, but it should be done if you have dirt in it!) SRL tune by Matt, HellWig Rear sway bar, LoadLifter 5000 air bags, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 11-05-2014, 11:08 AM
woodlander's Avatar
woodlander woodlander is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 357
woodlander is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So I guess this means that on my 206 with VXCF9H7 I have to leave EGR valve in. I was so hoping I could use my fancy aluminum block off plate with the RCD engraved on it. I guess I can hang on wall of my shop.
__________________
2006 F350 SD XLT 6.0
ARP, SCT SRL+, SCT 8K Tow, 03 turbo, MBRP TB with muffler, dummyplug/standpipe update, RiffRaff boots, dual alternators/batteries, Fast idle mod, Dieselsite coolant filter, Edge Insight, Glowshift FPG, VXCF9H7, FICMRepair.com
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 11-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Bullitt390's Avatar
Bullitt390 Bullitt390 is offline
Certified Thread Hijacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 12,653
Bullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud ofBullitt390 has much to be proud of
joshjones.thewelder
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlander View Post
So I guess this means that on my 206 with VXCF9H7 I have to leave EGR valve in. I was so hoping I could use my fancy aluminum block off plate with the RCD engraved on it. I guess I can hang on wall of my shop.
You can use a plug, just need the valve plugged in and laying in the valley or zip tied to something

Definitely need the valve plugged in for the fan to operate correctly

Josh
__________________


2006 F250 SCSB XLT 6.0 PowerStroke Diesel 4X4: Gearhead Quicktricks Tuning Atlas 40 FICM Rotella 0W40 Rotella ELC Mechman 240 DASHBOSS Ford VCM II IDS Custom Y-Pipe Fabrication
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:26 AM
 
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hesitation,surge stumble, over 1500 RPM 18inchapes Excursion - King of SUVs 16 01-28-2015 12:58 AM
hesitation,surge,miss detanation over 1500 RPM 18inchapes Modular V8 (4.6L, 5.4L) 0 01-23-2015 05:31 PM
6.0 Fan Clutch question Ford12v 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6 05-21-2014 08:49 AM
Injector buzz test and some questions dyoung14 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 10 01-22-2011 12:24 PM
Ok, I'll just pop your mind FTE Herman Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection 13 12-19-2005 11:08 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2008, 350, 50, active, blocking, command, delete, effects, egr, f250, ford, open, stuck, test, valve

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup