Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
New User

NJEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got our X back on Friday, but the mechanic called and said the U joints and CV were toast. He said that is the entire problem. He sent it out to be rebuilt and had it back in a day. I asked him for a picture of the meltdown, so I can post here, but my wife picked up the X because I was away and she did not know to ask. I had bought front shocks, but the bolts were frozen so I had him install them as well. I don't think that had anything to do with it, but just turned 100k, so -- its time anyway. Anyway, total bill for the rebuilt drive shaft (U joints and CV), labor including the shocks was $647.00. I haven't been in it yet, but he says it is smoooooth.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Posting Guru

aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
Front shocks...upper bushings

How the hell do you get them in?

2000 Excursion 5.4 4X2
Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Postmaster

jh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputation
You compress the shock down and bolt it in on the top. Then, bolt in the bottom.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:27 AM