Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Senior User

stanger_missle is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Smile Goodbye Nebraska

I just wanted to drop a line in here and let everybody know that I'm leaving for Tampa, Florida on Saturday. I'm driving down there with my Mustang in tow. After over 8 years being stationed in Omaha, the Air Force has decided to move me to Tampa, FL. This was my first duty station and I feel very lucky to have stayed here for as long as I did. My wife and kids will not be moving down there for at least a year or so. We just bought a house and the wife was just offered the promotion she has been working towards the past year and a half, so it just makes sense for her to stay put while we figure everything out.

I'm pretty stoked about my new job though. I'll be working in a joint unit with all branches of the DoD installing tactical networking all over the world. I even get the opportunity to become jump certified. I joined the military to do this type of job, so I am honored to be chosen to go.

Anyways, I promise I won't disappear from FTE. As soon as I get internet, I will be around. It was great hanging out with you guys! (And gal LOL) Nebraska has a great chapter and I'm sure our fearless leader (and it's many members) will keep it that way!

Take care and I'll see ya around!

Dan

I BLEED FORD BLUE
Old 07-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Post Fiend

Steve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant futureSteve GG has a brilliant future
Have a safe trip...

Big BSer #16
Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Posting Guru

Chrissy250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Have a safe trip and will look forward to seeing you back in here!!! And Congrats on your new position!!!

Chrissy AKA-Mud Junkie or Trouble
Member of AZ and NE Chapters!
1977 F-250 Ranger-HD, SC, LB, 460
Old 07-08-2010, 09:08 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Congrats Dan, and thanks for your service! Have a safe trip and I'll pray the move and the year of transition goes quickly and everything works out smoothly for you and the family.

Maybe you can host a Nebraska Chapter meeting... in January?!? lol

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Dan, have a safe trip, and good luck down in Florida! It was great to get to meet you bud!

I second Rob's idea of the January meet!!LOL!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
that guy

diesel-fitter-bum01 has a good reputation on FTE.diesel-fitter-bum01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Tyler Murphy
congrats, and enjoy
Mine E99 F-350 sc sb 4x4 updated to L99,308K,FF 250's,arp,uppies,T-500,RR,HPX,4" straightpipe,T4/s366,built trans,airdog,swamps hf/hv,fuel sump,melling lpop,water inj,and DP F6 tunes. lots of little stuff. 01 Ex & 02 ccsb
Old 07-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Postmaster

RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.
I second the "thank you for your service and continuing service work"! I hope the move goes well and you can figure out the family deal as well. Best of luck!

1956 F-100 //// 1997 Ranger XLT
-Dallas
Nebraska
Old 07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Senior User

stanger_missle is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well I made it down here. What a drive! 1400 miles. The truck was awesome! Pulled the Mustang very well. The only bad part was the gas mileage, which was about 10 MPGs. The Appalachian mountains in Tennessee were beautiful. The drivers in Georgia were terrible hahaha.

Now Ive got to get used to the 90°+ temps and the stifling humidity. The Tampa area seems nice. I haven't got to see a lot of it since it was pitch black when I got here. I'm looking for an apartment now. I can't wait to get settled in. Living out of a suitcase sucks LOL

I BLEED FORD BLUE
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Junior User

irishhandyman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good luck and Godspeed. I hope everything works out for both you and your wife. Congrats on your promotion.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Dan, you'd have the same weather if you were still here! Temps in the upper 90's, and it is HUMID!!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:05 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter