Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2010, 01:25 PM
New User

idellrw is starting off with a positive reputation.
1988 f-250 7.5 Fi engine no start issue

I need help. Have a 1988 (built in 1987) f-250 7.5 L FI engine that will not start. Ran codes and got code 67 Park neutral switch open. Only problem is it will crank in park and neutral and not in gear. Both pumps are working and when I disconnected the line at the high pressure , filter side I was covered with gas. Blew through filter and it is clear. Both myself and a friend have tried to find the pressure test port, but it does not seem to be anywhere. Can anyone send me a picture or a diagram. truck ran and then would not start. thank you. robert walker
Old 07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Senior User

larrylass is starting off with a positive reputation.
the fuel schrader valve is on the fuel rail on the passenger side towards the front.
Hope that helps you

Larry
Old 07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
New User

have fuel pressure

O.K. I found the test port and have pressure and flow at the fuel rail. I felt the injectors and could not feel them working, so something is stopping the signal from getting to the injectors. I have an Actron Elite AutoScanner Pro that does both OBD 1 and 2 codes. I scanned and came up with no faults. I had scanned a few days ago and it showed a park/neutral switch problem, but it went away. The battery is getting low so I am not sure if that can affect the scan. So what do I do next?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Senior User

i hate to tell you this man but im still having problems. I do know if the ECM doesnt recieve the PIP signal then your fuel pumps and injectors wont work. This apparently is whats happening to my truck. I just need to find out why. If you figure this out please post how you resolved it

BigLar
Old 07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
New User

no spark

today I checked and found that I had no spark. Was assuming there was spark because when I sprayed starter fluid in the intake it seemed like it was going to start. Today I sprayed gas in the intake and no start. Then I checked the spark. So what would cause no injector action and no spart. Someone said a sensor in the distribuator.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by idellrw View Post
today I checked and found that I had no spark. Was assuming there was spark because when I sprayed starter fluid in the intake it seemed like it was going to start. Today I sprayed gas in the intake and no start. Then I checked the spark. So what would cause no injector action and no spart. Someone said a sensor in the distribuator.

When the ECM doesnt recieve a pip signal -No Spark- the ecm turns off the fuel pumps and fuel injectors. Remove a sparkplug #1 and with the plug in the SP wire ground the plug to some clean metal and have someone turn over the motor and look and see if the plug is sparking. This is the same problem im chasing right now. Ill LYK how it turns out when i get it fixed

BigLar
Old 07-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Freshman User

bpm4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
On my 95 F250 460 I had the same problem, but it happened to the guy working on my tranny there was a harness connector that was not plugged in all the way, I think he said by the battery, but check them all. And as it turns out that is also why my tranny was not shifting right.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
New User

fixed problem

Thanks to everyone out there I got my truck running. Turned out to be the pickup coil in the distribuator. I replaced the distrubator and it runs fine. Can anyone tell me what the timing should be set at?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 PM