Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
July chat

So its July any one have plans for the Fords at the Summit?
Went for a ride today to the Mentor classic car place then went out to Fairport harbor then to G.O.T.L. was a great day for a ride. tomorrow going to Solon commons.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Brian...should have stopped in GOTL....and I could show you my trucks.
Just got another 1956 F250 with all new parts and rebuilt yblock.....runs great.
GOTL was crazy over the fourth and will be till Labor day.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
went to the terminal tower for the observation deck will be open for the next 3 week ends.Pretty cool views from the 42nd floor.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Postmaster

WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Spent the weekend in Waynesville hauling truck parts(1956) and meeting up with a great FTEr.....and a legend. Had a full load, and no problems but a screw in one of my trailer tires.....but I plugged it and it held.
Now tomorrow will be the fun part ....going through all the boxes and bags and looking at all the goodies.
Like Christmas for a 56 truck guy like me!!
Also saw alot of the goodguys cars in Columbus AND HAD A BUNCH STOP ME TO ASK ABOUT THE 56 FORD TRUCK PARTS.
The 55 was blue and man was it fast!!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Senior User

truckrod is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Bigwin, did you sell that 56 panel and front clip? I seen it all on a trailer yesterday and now its gone!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Postmaster

truckrod....did you win any trophies at P.F.?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Senior User

No my truck didnt make it down this year, We just got it finished and have almost 0 miles on it and the weather looked ify, so I went with bigwin,4speed and we took bigwins race truck down, had a great time, lots of nice trucks at the show.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Posting Guru

any pictures!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Postmaster

Might have EARL READY for next year. He is just itchin' to get on the road!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Postmaster

Got the 4 x 4 sandblast cabinet and 6 h.p. gas powered air compressor unloaded and all the grit. Man, those bags of grit are heavy.

Have to refinish all the panels from''Earl'' and get him in some tin before fall comes.
Really have to thin out the herd here soon, and need to take a trip west. We could use a vacation. Too bad we didn't make Pigeon Forge, but always next year. Canfield swap meet this weekend,and my buddy got me a couple free passes.....just don;t need many parts.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Shiftoholic

Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.Freightrain has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey all, just checking in.

I'm be at Norwalk this weekend, hoping the rain holds out.

Been wrenching on my '69 a bit. The rearend housing was really bent and tearing up the RR tire. I used the housing from the scrapped '67 and painted it up and got it bolted in. I did not re-install the ladderbars that were on the old housing. They were actually broke loose on the one side and had my leaf springs all screwed up. I had the leafs rebuild as the bushings were beat out of them.

It's all back together as of last weekend. It wheel hops REALLY BAD!!! with no traction devices. I need to work on that again. Good to be able to at least drive it now. Only had it out once so far this year and that is when I realized the rear end was bad(bushing were shot and it torque steered horrible).

All in all, still moving along with things. I did get my pickup all fixed up. Looks pretty nice again. Hope to see one/some of you this weekend.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Posting Guru

I to hope the rain holds out will probably go on Saturday.I'll look for you hope to see some others also.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Senior User

Hey Brian, check out my profile, I posted 4 pics of my unibody, its BAD !
Old 07-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Posting Guru

wooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww NICE. that is super sharp.Does it have 3 pedels?And you going to norwalk this week end ?
Old 07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
Truckrod,

That thing is just perfect! Having seen it in person it is just beautiful!

I'm just glad its not one of those "Mask and shoot jobs" You see guys do that, and say they have "restored" their truck, LOL!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:21 AM