Sponsored by:

Did I miss anything?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Did I miss anything?

Just got back from our annual Yosemite camping trip. Was gone for just a hair over a week. Did I miss anything? Anyone get married? Have a kid? Buy another Ex?

Stewart

Old 07-04-2010, 08:21 PM
EPI-911
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends I bought a V10 Ex, trying to sell it before heading down to the states to buy a oil burner in Aug. LOL. How was the trip, Im planning on brining my wife and two little boys with me when I pickup the new Ex should be down south for about two weeks. Gunna probably head down through the Carolina's but ultimately depends on the location of the new Ex I have found a few in FL that I like but theres a lot more out there to chose from.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Trip was great, as always. I married into a family that's been going for over 60 years now. I've been going for 22 years, ever since I started dating their daughter, eventually marying her, obviously!

The usual stuff, nightly bear incursions into camp, Half Dome in all it's splendor, all the water falls full to capacity, Merced River running FAST and ice cold, and the mosquitos eat enough off of me to last the summer.

Stewart

Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 AM
dsquared
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Trip was great, as always. I married into a family that's been going for over 60 years now. I've been going for 22 years, ever since I started dating their daughter, eventually marying her, obviously!

The usual stuff, nightly bear incursions into camp, Half Dome in all it's splendor, all the water falls full to capacity, Merced River running FAST and ice cold, and the mosquitos eat enough off of me to last the summer.

Stewart

Stewart:

I stayed just outside of the park in mid-May at Yosemite Lakes RV Park. 5 miles to the west gate on Hwy. 120. It was a really nice park, and is a Thousand Trails campground. I have an RPI membership, and it was $10.00 a night, full hook-ups!

As for the family camping, we are headed next week to Carpinteria State Beach. This is our 18th year with my wife's family at Carp; 20th year doing the camping. We have 23 in the family, but with extended family members coming in, and friends, it usually swells to 30+. Always a fun time, and a GREAT tradition for family! Keep it going!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
120? You live down in Ontario and you come in the from the north?

We used to come in through the west entrance, HWY 140 through Mariposa and El Portal, but when we got the 31' TT, since the wife pulls it with her Ex and I'm in my truck, we started coming in the southern entrance, HWY 41 via Oakhurst and Fish Camp. She doesn't like "The Wall" along 140 with the trailer.

You guys must do stuff up in NorCal before heading to Yosemite, eh?

Stewart

Old 07-06-2010, 08:04 PM
dsquared
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
120? You live down in Ontario and you come in the from the north?

We used to come in through the west entrance, HWY 140 through Mariposa and El Portal, but when we got the 31' TT, since the wife pulls it with her Ex and I'm in my truck, we started coming in the southern entrance, HWY 41 via Oakhurst and Fish Camp. She doesn't like "The Wall" along 140 with the trailer.

You guys must do stuff up in NorCal before heading to Yosemite, eh?

Stewart
Stewart:

No, not really... The campground is 1/2 mile off 120, 5 miles west of the west gate. We went up thru Fresno, then took a left in Oakhurst along 49. Thru Ahwanhee, Bootjack, Mariposa, Coulterville, et al. Was really a nice drive.