1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Two questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Oakroadjoe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two questions

On a 49 f-1 where does the clutch release spring hook up to. One end on the clevis,pedal,where does the other end go? The hole in the crossmember by the pedal mounting bracket?? Also wanting to ues 3pt seat belts.Will the reinforcment bar from door to door (under the rear window) be usable,with extra reinforcement? Any pictures of how you did would help .Thanks All .Hope you are having a great 4th.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 PM
jb50F1
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It goes back to the hole in the cross member. There are two vertically in line. The clutch spring goes in the top hole. Can't help with the seat belts, I have not installed any - trying to stay reasonably stock even if it is a MAJOR safety issue. My '50 is not a daily driver so I haven't put turn signals on either. Usually when I drive the weather is good enough to hand signal out the window.

Good luck with the clutch pedal return spring. If you want a picture, let me know and I'll post one.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:33 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
won't the shoulder belt be to low if you mount under the window?? looking at my Bronco it has a retracting belt mount in the corner of the cab that could be retrofitted with only a little trimming .. mine is a 79 full size ..so if you find one at the wreckers ,you will have a working unit worth the effort for a resonable cost..and you can see how it's mounted and get all the bolts to to mount it.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Oakroadjoe
Senior User
Thanks jb50f-1,now all i need to do is get it in.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:21 PM
KC Ray
Junior User
I was thinking about that this morning as I was returning my in-laws Chevy. It has the retractable seat belts in the upper part of the back rest. Maybe you could retrofit some seats like that into the older pick-up? I think all of the newer full size pick-ups are like that, not sure if maybe the smaller pick-ups are or not which myay fit in the smaller cabs of the older trucks.
You could modify the frame of a newer seat with the built in retractor to fit, also. Just get it reuppolstered to match what your truck looks like!