Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Junior User

callmebobvilla is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not to turn this into a car audio thread, but I've got a Metra AXXess ASWC that I'm hoping to get going with my Clarion. Since I'm getting good readings from the chassis harness/controls I installed, I think the problem is in the aftermarket gear.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud of
yep.. same approach, slightly more internal smarts(auto detect).. than the swi setup.

sam

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Old 10-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Junior User

callmebobvilla is starting off with a positive reputation.
Got her done today. ASWC from Metra AXXESS didn't work. I won't go so far to call it trash, but the SWI-JACK worked perfectly. I'm very happy with this setup.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:11 PM
New User

AZ_Overdrive is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post

haha, nope, guess again. I'm actually very curious as to how many of these there are out there... I've only seen one other one in a picture from some magazine (Car & Driver I think) but the whole vehicle looked like it was a computer model... This particular switch was about a month wait, but Ed was nice enough to track it down and get it to me.
So I have been watching Ebay FOREVER and no control like this is showing up. Any chance your contact can scare up 3 or 4 more
Old 10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Postmaster

TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.
ask parts guy ed about part number 7C3Z9C888AA for a 2008 F250
Old 10-07-2010, 03:30 PM
New User

Dang, that was fast. OK, so that is the Ford part number. Do you have the harness number (in the wheel)?

Thanks again.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Junior User

o-SUPER_DUTY-o is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is that the part number for the audio control only, or hvac also?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Postmaster

TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.TexasRebel has a great reputation on FTE.
There is no number for the harness in the wheel. It is listed as "part of the steering wheel" and not available separately.

That is the part number for the RH insert with audio only.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Junior User

Do you have to have the digital climate control to add the hvac switch, or can it be done with the manual *****? I assume the answer is no, but I'm no expert.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Postmaster

that is a correct assumption.

that is why I went through the trouble of getting the switch that I did... I did not want to have unfunctioning buttons
Old 10-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Junior User

Any idea how hard it would be to swap in some digital hvac controls? I wouldn't be doing it just for steering wheel controls, I actually just dislike *****. Everything on our trucks looks very modern but then we have old school ***** for hvac and 4x4 controls? I know ***** are cheaper, but when you're already paying $35-65k for a truck, who wants cheap?
Old 10-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Postmaster

changing from manual to auto A/C would be a major project.

I'm not sure what all would need to be swapped, but the programming is completely different. I won't say it is impossible, but it would be a project that you would be doing blindly as it would fall under the rarest of the rare.

***** for 4x4? that's pretty fancy... although I personally prefer a lever.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Junior User

Lol. I miss my grandpa's truck ( see my garage - The Rooster ) And yes, auto-locking hubs and ***** for 4x4 are luxuries we should've never gotten used to, but man, they sure are nice!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:27 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post
There is no number for the harness in the wheel. It is listed as "part of the steering wheel" and not available separately.

That is the part number for the RH insert with audio only.
Ah, OK, so I just need to pickup a wheel off of ebay. I guess I was concerned that I needed a specific right side harness to match the new control from the dealer. However, I am suspecting it is a "generic" harness in there on the right side with the whole multiplexing clock spring thingy (technical term).

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Freshman User

jasonkpowell is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was looking for detailed instructions on removing the Airbag. Really don't want it to deploy on me while removing. I have all the equipment on its way to do the conversion. I'm going to use the temp controls for my Bluetooth on the Head Unit.... Any help would be appreciated.

Thansk.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:20 PM