1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

NEW TO FORUMS

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NEW TO FORUMS

Since I've been putting my two cents into these forums, I working on a 52 f1 which is done except for paint. I'm not sure I belong in this group, only because I modified my truck with a MK II front suspension, a 289 with Edelbrock intake, four barrel carb, ceramic coated Sanderson headers,electronic ignition,etc. I did drive the truck stock for two years but then I guess I went to the darkside as I've seen mentioned here. Most of the folks in this forum seem to be into original restorations, so I don't know if I fit in, but I'm just trying to help. Thanks to Julie for the welcome.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOOT
Since I've been putting my two cents into these forums, I working on a 52 f1 which is done except for paint. I'm not sure I belong in this group, only because I modified my truck with a MK II front suspension, a 289 with Edelbrock intake, four barrel carb, ceramic coated Sanderson headers,electronic ignition,etc. I did drive the truck stock for two years but then I guess I went to the darkside as I've seen mentioned here. Most of the folks in this forum seem to be into original restorations, so I don't know if I fit in, but I'm just trying to help. Thanks to Julie for the welcome.
welcome. you most certainly are a member of the group..!!
you got a truck in the right year range, and are trying to get to drive it again..

we aren't particular on HOW you get there, but encourage everyone thats working on their trucks to keep going..
(heck, my first one one took 10 yrs,and now i have 4 more stacked up!)..

and mine are definitely NOT stockers..

(got any cool pics.. we LOVE pics!!)
sam

Old 07-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yep, welcome aboard! ^_^

Most of us have done modifcations, I'm one of them. I like the look of the vintage trucks but some things need to be upgraded. If you come across Keith's 56 you definetly won't think this is a concour only place, lol.

Love to see pictures as well! What color you planning on painting?

Old 07-02-2010, 02:35 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Thanks for the welcome guys and gals. Believe me I haven't given up nor will I stop trying. I still drive it currently. The truck is white and a got a bad paint job a couple of years ago. The paint never cured properly and cracked letting water in and of course rust. So it's almost ready for paint, same color. I want to post pics but I'm a computer idiot, but I'll try. If anyone has paint questions, I'm in the middle of that and have been doing alot of research.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
jaye
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Zoot, I have a 55 w/302; explorer rearend and many other parts which aren't original; it's all about what YOU want in YOUR truck & having fun in the process.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:59 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Thanks for the welcome guys and gals. Believe me I haven't given up nor will I stop trying. I still drive it currently. The truck is white and a got a bad paint job a couple of years ago. The paint never cured properly and cracked letting water in and of course rust. So it's almost ready for paint, same color. I want to post pics but I'm a computer idiot, but I'll try. If anyone has paint questions, I'm in the middle of that and have been doing alot of research.
posting pics here is a general pain in the rear.. too many rules..

SO, the best thing is to upload them to some web site (photobucket.com is the best for me), then insert a link to the pic by copying the url, then pushing the mountain button (insert image) and pasting the URL into the dialog entry field.

you can put as many into a single post as u like.

Sam

Old 07-02-2010, 03:27 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome!!

As others have mentioned, it doesn't matter what you do to your truck as long as you love the hobby and preserve these relics in any way possible.

You have my email address already. Email me your pictures and I'll post them for you.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:58 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Hey, thanks everyone for making me feel at home. Panelman, your intake is packed and ready to ship. I'll email some pics to post, thanks that's great!! I've kept the my truck as original as possible outside and inside (used original switches for other things) so it looks stock. Even kept the old gas tank fill tube on the truck even though there's an aftermarket tank under the bed. You'll see in the pics. Thanks again

Old 07-02-2010, 05:37 PM
olebob4950
Freshman User
welcome

Welcome aboard Zoot. Real nice group of folks here. Very helpful.
Bob

Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi again ZOOT,

Yeah, you're in the right place!

So far the folks that have posted on here have 302s 460s 390s and all different kinds of stuff. That 289 is a nice set-up. There are two other guys putting 289s in their trucks : tardster and Forest_54_Ford. I had one in my 55!

So, stick around and have fun chatting.

Again, nice to have you here!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Mervy49
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm on the dark side also, the 49 f1 I am building came to me in a zillion pieces and I am just making fit whatever I can get my hands on to make it work. Welcome to the site ...I'm fairly new here too.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Careful with Julie - she'd invite an alley cat

Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Careful with Julie - she'd invite an alley cat
nah.. she's a gold mine of info..

sam

Old 07-03-2010, 02:14 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all of ya's would invite anyone in ! you let me in didn't ya !!!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome aboard and enjoy the show . yep you are in the right spot too . we got 'em from oe to full on show trucks , mild to wild and even discuss things on here that prolly shouldn't be on this forum { like my 52 car } . it's a relaxed place with good peeps , and someone always has the answer for your question . now whether it's right or not is another thing in itself .............

Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 AM
dawolverine
Senior User
You are more than welcome here - a great bunch of people for sure! Check out the vast majority of trucks about and you'll more often than not find some modifications if you look hard enough. Totally stock trucks arent as plentiful as people might have you believe. Every truck is valuable in its own way regardless....

Quick Reply: NEW TO FORUMS