1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Update Pic and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:47 PM
PapaJoes52
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update Pic and Questions

Hey all. Here's today's little move. Rocked the cab back on some foam so I could take off the rear cab suspension arms. Next up: haul cab to storage and make a move on the running boards. My questions for the day to you all are:

1. Kevin hooked me up with a great site www.totallystainless.com for COMPLETE TRUCK stainless fastener kits. My brother and I think that kind of simplicity is the cat's behind but we're both concerned about keeping her as original as possible. (You've heard me say this too much already) Someone made a good point that, for concours quality, we'd need to find repro fasteners with all the og markings. Is there a site or someone who can explain all the levels of grading for a restored car and the criteria that go with it?

Here's what my bro and I know so far: a) She'll never go to Pebble Beach. b) We want her to sparkle. c) We will drive her. Not daily but she will NOT be a trailer princess. d) We'd love to clean and keep the fixtures our grandpa actually had his hands on (door / window handles, etc.) We're mushy like that.

2. Can someone point me to a supplier of said repro fasteners so we can see that cost and time to locate are just absurd and get on with it?

3. I posted a thread about people's preference in thermostats. (160F or 180F) So I figure I'll just take a look at what she's already got and replace with similar hardware. Snapped bolts say otherwise... How do I get em out and how can I prep the rest of the engine for teardown?

Thanks for the help. Here's what she looks like right now and Julie had asked for the markings on the heads. Happy at least parts of her are Canadian made!