Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soooo.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
I got pulled over for a dirty license plate when I got mine! ****ers!!!! Passed the field tests, on gravel barefoot, and he still had me blow in that thing, blew a .098, limit is .08, but blood test cam back .08 so they reduced it.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the loud exhaust was from a car that i had. the flange at the cat cracked and eventually rusted through. i drove it like that for a few months without issue. the week i schedule a trip to the exhaust shop i get popped. chit happens. i didn't even try to do the field tests. it was cold and windy, and on top of the fact that it was the same state cop who gave me a zero tolerance(kiddie d.u.i.) and remembered from 5 years earlier, he was training a rookie, so i was screwed either way. i blew a 0.155, which is way less than what i've done before and passed all of the field tests. those times the cop just made me call for a ride home. i will admit that i am a damned fool, because i've gotten out of 13, and only been stuck with two, but i used to know a lot of police officers.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13?

Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
i've been a drunk since i was 14 ish, and i've always worked 2nd shift jobs. most of them were just getting pulled over for being out late at night on empty streets and roads. cops tend to get suspicious of a big truck just cruising at speed at 3 a.m.
for a few, i was just making foolish mistakes, like having 3 guys with 2 girls and booze in a regular cab truck going on a skipday road trip in h/s, but for the most part i wasn't impaired in the sense that i was still highly functional in my abilities to drive, and the police would notice and act accordingly, which worked for years before everyone got their panties in a bunch about it. i'm not saying drunk driving should be tolerated, i'm saying it should be at the officers discretion, not a little box you blow in.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
Originally Posted by fatdan460
i've been a drunk since i was 14 ish, and i've always worked 2nd shift jobs. most of them were just getting pulled over for being out late at night on empty streets and roads. cops tend to get suspicious of a big truck just cruising at speed at 3 a.m.
for a few, i was just making foolish mistakes, like having 3 guys with 2 girls and booze in a regular cab truck going on a skipday road trip in h/s, but for the most part i wasn't impaired in the sense that i was still highly functional in my abilities to drive, and the police would notice and act accordingly, which worked for years before everyone got their panties in a bunch about it. i'm not saying drunk driving should be tolerated, i'm saying it should be at the officers discretion, not a little box you blow in.
I must have taken all the good luck, I have had my license since 1999 and I havent ever even been pulled over one time. I have never had to show a cop my licesnse and registration. So does that mean my time is coming? I have always had jacked, loud trucks too, so its not like I am blending in.......

Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
the majority of mine were between the ages of 16-20. oddly enough from 21 on up the cops don't seem to pay as much attention, but when they do i don't get let off now. i guess they figure you are legal in all aspects of the law, so you should know what not to do by now. i used to stick to main roads a lot though too. i figured if you did it right in front of them, they wouldn't suspect you as much as a lone truck on a side road.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
Newcomer, instead of getting pulled over lots and getting off easy with "Warnings" your gonna get pulled over once and go to jail.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Bender99
Senior User
I too have a drunk driving under the belt. Seems like Wisconsin is one of the most lenient states. Here the first offense is only a trafic ticket and a court ordered alcohol assesment

Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Newcomer
Elder User
Originally Posted by Prozon
Newcomer, instead of getting pulled over lots and getting off easy with "Warnings" your gonna get pulled over once and go to jail.
Yeah, and now that you have officially Jinxed me, when I get the blue lights this weekend and end up in jail, I am calling you to send my bail money. Whats your cell by the way?.....

Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1-800-ghey-zon

O SNAP

Old 07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I've done the whole driving while turd-faced before. It was years ago, and I practically quit drinking some 20 years back.
I do not condone driving while impaired, but I won't go all "Holier than thou" on the subject. I'll just leave it at this, if you choose to drive while drunk, anything that follows is just what you deserve, from a DUI to a fatality accident. If it happens, it's no ones fault but your own.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:37 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good friend of mine was cut in half by a "not-so-drunk" driver while he was changing a flat...Its not worth the crappy night you had at the bar, or whatever.....

Drink, Dont Drive.....

Old 07-08-2010, 08:44 PM
dillinewton
Elder User
i agree not smart

Old 07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
Newcomer
Elder User
I also agree that its not smart or responsible. Thats why I bring my wife with me whenever I think I am going to drink too much... She doesnt drink, never has. Now I have a DD for the rest of my life...... The only catch are the times when she doesnt feel like going, then its coke on the rocks..... hah!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:06 AM
unforgivenx
New User
here's what a drunk did to our crewcab the day after we put plates on it last weekend. it was parked beside the house, and this is what we woke up to find in the morning.

sooo, ummmm yeah stop drinkin an drivin ya dadgummed fools!!!

Quick Reply: Soooo.....