Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
New User

mwgwin is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mounting front license plate bracket

I spun off the road last winter. Minor damage to the ex, just scratched up the front bumper pretty good but realized my front plate came off and I am looking at it and for the life of me, I cant figure out how the front license plate bracket is supposed to mount on. I need to buy a new one (need to stay legal you know), but want to make sure I get the right one and know how to put it on. Feel like a retard asking this as I figure it should jump out at me but it doesnt.

Anyone lend a hand?

Mike
Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Postmaster

jh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputationjh818 has a superb reputation
They mount from the bottom of the holder up onto the bumper on the contour. The top comes up about halfway into the slot between the fog lamps.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Posting Guru

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
I don't like the way the front lic plate sticks up, so threw the front mount away and mounted the top of the plate in the two holes that the bottom of the mount plate sat. Kinda makes the plate legible, but down and out of the way.
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Senior User

TXSailor has a good reputation on FTE.TXSailor has a good reputation on FTE.
My front plate mounting bracket was missing so I gabbed an old "CB radio" mounting bracket and bent it to fit. I did not like it sticking up into the "air slot" either so I mounted the plate from the bracket using the top Plate holes, that way it sticks down and not up.

PM me for a picture.

Dwight

__________________________________________________ ____________________
Moby D (Great White Whale) -2002 Excursion Limited 4WD 7.3L PSD; 3.73 LS; Edge Evo 2, BFG All-Terrain KO, 4" MBRP TurboBack W/5" Tip, AFE Stage 2 w/Pro 7 , Hellwig, V-codes, Rancho Shocks, towing Airstream 25FB w/ Reese Dual Cam & 1200# bars.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
As you can see in my gallery here:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...=25203&width=0

my 03 had a lite bar that hid the stock plate,

so after this pic ws taken,
went to home depot and got a $9 pop rivet gun,
drilled two holes and mounted it in the facia below the grill..

(MAN, I liked that 03 !!!! )
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Elder User

TYZ78F150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey wallz,
A little off topic, but I notice you have the 285 X terrains. I see they only come in the D range. How do they ride?
Old 07-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Posting Guru

wallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud ofwallz has much to be proud of
No problems so far. I got some snow tires last winter in e's, and forgot how loud these are compared to the winters. I do most of my miles in the summer, and have them on. They are actually wearing ok, this being their third summer, 1 full year, 1 summer and now this one. I don't haul a trailer tho, but even if I did I would get them because the weight rating is right up there like the e's, plus they fling mud pretty good, so I'm happy with them.
2002 Excursion, 4x4, V-10, XLT, RS9000 shocks, true trac diff, 08 alum diff cover, interior light delete, 08 power fold/xtend mirrors, KM2 tires, 5 Star tuned, front cryo powerslots with hawk pads, XRF ball joints. 50" front mounted LED bar, 10" reverse light LED bar. Banks stainless long tube headers and exhaust kit., front seat heaters.
2011 Expedition, Ltd Max, 4x4. 30" LED light bar, flip key fob, 9 passenger, more to come.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Elder User

TYZ78F150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallz View Post
No problems so far. I got some snow tires last winter in e's, and forgot how loud these are compared to the winters. I do most of my miles in the summer, and have them on. They are actually wearing ok, this being their third summer, 1 full year, 1 summer and now this one. I don't haul a trailer tho, but even if I did I would get them because the weight rating is right up there like the e's, plus they fling mud pretty good, so I'm happy with them.
Alright thanks.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM