Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Idaho Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Idaho Chapter Idaho Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: im2tall33

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

im2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputation
July Bsing spot...everyone one welcome!! a place to kick back and chat

Hey guys i hope that july is a great month for you all..

Any one have plans for the fourth??? my wife and i are headed into the woods to go camping all weekend
Micah Munroe BIG BSer#2and Slackmaster #19
[font=Comic Sans MS][font=Impact][color=Black]Click to join the Idaho Chapter] 1994 F-150 4x4 300-6 5spd aka. money maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN View Post
Micah...the man...the myth...the legend!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Postmaster
2004 Ford Ranger
My Garage

Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.
I'm ripping my engine apart (well, top-half anyway) and bolting on the Cleveland heads...
"
You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at." - The 4th Doctor
Old 07-03-2010, 09:45 PM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

im2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputationim2tall33 has a superb reputation
nice...post pics when done if you can
[font=Comic Sans MS][font=Impact][color=Black]Click to join the Idaho Chapter] 1994 F-150 4x4 300-6 5spd aka. money maker
Quote:

Old 07-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Postmaster
2004 Ford Ranger
My Garage

Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.Furyus1 has a spectacular reputation.
Hrmmm... Ok... They don't look any different from the 400 heads other than these are painted lol...

Got the heads on - Just need to bolt the intake back on and finish things up... I wish I had the money for a 4bbl intake and carb but, oh well...

Had a collapsed exhaust valve seat in the #1 chamber about a year go so I got that fixed, but I didn't have the money to have all the seats done... A few months later, the exhaust valve seat in the #2 chamber gave way - which is why I'm swapping heads (the Cleveland heads had already had hardened seats installed into them - I cleaned them up; installed new single-groove valves and keepers; and did a valve grind on them). Found out yesterday that the exhaust valve seat in the #6 chamber was getting ready to fail also...
"
You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at." - The 4th Doctor
Old 07-04-2010, 01:22 PM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

sounds like loads of fun..lol..
Quote:

Old 07-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Postmaster
2004 Ford Ranger
My Garage

Funny thing is, it's a rebuilt engine...

The PO swapped it in and did a bunch of other work on the truck... The valve in the #1 chamber had already sunk into the head and the PO was so disgusted by it, he let the truck sit for a couple of years before I came along and bought it for $500...

Also, when the PO tried to contact the rebuilders, they had already gone out of business - Can't imagine why lol...

Runs like a raped ape now with the Cleveland heads! Woohoo! I had gotten used to it trying to vibrate itself to pieces that it seems strange feeling it run smooth lol...

Should help with gas mileage too - I've noticed this before that when one of the valve seats gives way like that, the gas mileage drops...

I took enough pictures for a writeup - just need to get it done...
"
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

caseys has a good reputation on FTE.caseys has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2tall33 View Post
Hey guys i hope that july is a great month for you all.. Any one have plans for the fourth??? my wife and i are headed into the woods to go camping all weekend
I had to work on the 4th... at least it puts a little change in my pocket to pay for the Stihl chainsaw I bought and neglected to tell my wife about. Oops.

The weather was snotty yesterday with rain off and on, but at least the rain stopped for the fireworks show. Overcast today but plan to get outside to work around the house.

Hope you weekend weather held out for camping this weekend... the week coming up is starting to look up.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. ~ Ancient
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 AM
FTE Arizona Chapter LDR
1995 Ford F-150

kermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant future
Just wanted to stop by & say Hello Idaho. How is everything in Idaho? I use to spend a lot of time in Twin Falls. My family was one of the original property owners in Jackpot NV. We sold in the late 90s.
Anyway just wanted to say hello.
Craig
Old 07-06-2010, 10:55 AM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseys View Post
I had to work on the 4th... at least it puts a little change in my pocket to pay for the Stihl chainsaw I bought and neglected to tell my wife about. Oops.

The weather was snotty yesterday with rain off and on, but at least the rain stopped for the fireworks show. Overcast today but plan to get outside to work around the house.

Hope you weekend weather held out for camping this weekend... the week coming up is starting to look up.

it did for the most part..lol..we were in a thick cedar grove so the rain that did come down never touched us...lol
Quote:

Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermmydog View Post
Just wanted to stop by & say Hello Idaho. How is everything in Idaho? I use to spend a lot of time in Twin Falls. My family was one of the original property owners in Jackpot NV. We sold in the late 90s.
Anyway just wanted to say hello.
Craig

thanks for stopping by...and hello to you too..lol
Quote:

Old 07-06-2010, 11:58 PM
FTE Arizona Chapter LDR
1995 Ford F-150

kermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant future
Good Evening Micah.

Craig
Old 07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

afternoon..lol..i rarely check this at home..normally at the office.. lol
Quote:

Old 07-07-2010, 08:33 PM
FTE Arizona Chapter LDR
1995 Ford F-150

Good Evening Idaho. What a great day today here in Rural Nevada. Hope everyone had a good day.

Craig
Old 07-07-2010, 08:42 PM
ID CHAPTER LDR
Garage is empty, add now

im stuck at the office until 730 tonight..lol i cant wait to get home! i wanna hit the pool!! its hot here today!
Quote:

Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
1996 Ford F-350
My Garage

Snowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputationSnowbunny has a superb reputation
Morning, Idaho!!!

Try to stay cool today,,, we're gonna get to 101!!!
Official Slackmaster #24 ~ Zombie Survivalist Extraordinaire
Proud owner of ~ 2002 F-250 SD PSD 6spd ~ 1996 F-350 PSD SC ~ 1984 VW Rabbit Diesel
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Idaho Chapter

Tags
kick, quotes, spot