6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Ford Customer Satisfaction Survey ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:16 AM
my996duc1
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cheezit
I also hope the warranty you bought was a ford esp policy and not aftermarket.
The ONLY extended warranty available (according to the dealer) is/was the "Portfolio" extended warranty....

Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by my996duc1
The ONLY extended warranty available (according to the dealer) is/was the "Portfolio" extended warranty....
I haven't purchased it yet but my dealer offers the Ford ESP.
So it is available. Unless that dealer calls it something different but I don't know why they would.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:43 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
you have been mislead. that is the warranty that has the highist yeild of return to the dealer.
that warranty co was owned in part by the owner of AV ford at one time may still be. It was awfull.
all ford dealers so far as I know sell fords extened warranty. it may cost a few $ more but its is well worth the layout on the front side.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:06 PM
JackDN
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you go to this website: Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP you can see a list of the various extended service plans offered by Ford along with the costs and coverages.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:09 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

If they dont you can go to another dealer to buy it. as a matter of fact I would suggest you call a few as sometimes they will price match or beat. I have seen dealers finace them in houes and for a $1 over cost. Just to get the esp penatration numbers up. this also effects the dealer as a whole.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 PM
ibdpic
Junior User
I just picked my 2011 6.7 Friday. And I also was asked to give best satisfaction answers to the survey. This also happened earlier in May when the first truck that was ordered did not have all the options ordered. The dealer reordered another truck and this is the one I just recieved. I was reminded by the salesman that "remember when your grandma said if you can't say something nice then don't say it at all" and if I could give 100 % great answers or he would prefer that I don't send it in at all. Or he would "fix" any issues. My first thoughts were that I felt he did a great job and I would have gave him high remarks but I felt that I didn't need to be pressured to do so. I will have time to see if anyone else is having this problem.

As for the truck it is incredible! Everything about it is awesome. I recieved the Lariat package and all the options that were available. A/C seats, back up camera,nav system,sun roof, rear slider, 20 " rubber,etc, are nice! Power everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to put some fuel in it to check initial mileage and just under 20 mpg.

I hope the truck is rock solid as it is today and is the same in 5-10 years or longer.

So far Very Nice Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:30 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

IMP its standard dealer practice to beg for good serveys. Maybe try to wager a servey for a really good deal on a esp contract lol .

Old 06-04-2015, 03:36 PM
truckman59
New User
no such thing

First, there is no such thing as a "bumper to bumper" warranty. Even the new vehicle warranty has some exclusions or restrictions. Second, only the manufacturer can offer a "warranty" on the vehicle. At best you have bought something more like an insurance policy that only covers specific failures. From the name of the policy I'm sure it's not the Ford ESP service contract so it's probably what we in the business call an "after market" policy. Most of those are about as good as the paper they are written on. Even the best ones only cover certain things, they limit payment amounts and are a pain for both the dealer and the customer when a claim is made. I'm afraid you'll be in for an unpleasant experience if you should have to make a claim. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news man but I've been in this business for 30 years and I've seen a lot of this stuff. Also, regarding the survey, they are trying to trick the system which is a no-no as far as Ford is concerned. Turn in your survey, tell Ford what they wanted you to do, Ford will investigate and if they are found guilty they will be back charged a butt load of $$$. Which they should be.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Thom12
Senior User
Truckman59,
Welcome to the forum!

You sure dug deep to pick your first post to reply to..... I had forgotten all about this happening 5 years ago. But it is always good to refresh this stuff so new buyers can see and learn.

Old 06-06-2015, 08:11 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
interesting info !!

no wonder the dealership in question is advertising that they are rated #1 by customers.... heck, they are filling out the customer survey themselves. I am sure every dealer would be #1 this way.

gives everything a new perspective about this dealership.

I called them again today and the guy that was supposed to call me said he had been very busy and that my warranty covered everything and to not worry. I asked for a copy of it and he told me that I already had it and I was set. Problem is my copy is the carbon copy that he took an ink pen and marked all the options on.... so I can see them in 5 yrs saying that I did this marking on my own and that I don't have anything covered.
I am going to have to wait until the warranty is registered with the company that backs the warranty to have them tell me what exactly I have.
What a pain in the butt....

thank you again for everyone's input on this !
It sounds like they sold you an a/m warranty. Tell them to cancel it and give you a Ford ESP warranty. The only one worth the paper it's written on. In my op.