Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: kermmydog

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Elder User

Super Steve is starting off with a positive reputation.
Really good diesel shops in Phoenix???

Does anyone know of any real good diesel shops in Phoenix area that specialize, or are very good, at working on the 6.0?
I have 80k on mine, had the head gaskets, turbo, and egr cooler replaced at 60k, apparently due to the tuner, and am running stock now.
Before I start playing around with tuners again, I would like to know if there is a good, reputable shop I can take it too to get ARP studs once the head gasket lets loose again.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Post Fiend

Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.Shake-N-Bake has a spectacular reputation.
I do not know of any. Sorry. I do all my own work when possible because I have trust issues with mechanics that I don't know.

Check out this thread. Post #9 has a recommendation.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/95...enix-area.html

Good luck!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Posting Guru

Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.
Yeah, I pretty much do the same on my own as well. Its not necessarily a trust issue, though I dont like giving mine up, but the shop rates for hourly work keep me from going. I know of one shop I had heard great recommendations about, just have to ask which one it was again as I cant remember!

1994 F-350 CC Dually : DRW 4x4 XLT, 97 7.3 DIT conversion, tuned, open pipe and modded!.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94...p-started.html
2010 F-250 CC SRW 6.4PS: 6.4 Powerstroke, 3" lift, Ranch hand F+R Bumpers and guards, ARE Topper, PIAA Off road lighting, more to come!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
strictly diesel just merged with ITP. thee new name is sinister diesel and they moved just South of the Deer Valley airport. don't know about phoen number changes but web site is still good
Old 07-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Posting Guru

SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.SGnAZ has a good reputation on FTE.
Sinister Diesel, LLC
Here ya go
Old 08-20-2010, 04:35 PM
Elder User

snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.
snorindad@msn.com
Reliable Diesel in Mesa did ARP studs on my 03 6.0 for 3500. I know the owner from Boy Scouts. He has done alot of the work on mine and I think does a good job. I am just lazy these days and don't want to do my own work.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 PM
New User

nexto is starting off with a positive reputation.
i am on the hook for the diesel station in Phoenix. what i just know is the best phoenix auto repair shops. where i find the best repair shops? it's listed in automd.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
New User

BobBenson5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks. It's just nice to have a reliable diesel mechanic shop to go to if i get in over my head on something.

What are some things i should do off the bat with this truck (2006 6.0 f250) besides change the oil and filter and what products do any of you recommend?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Elder User

snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.snorindad has a very good reputation on FTE.
snorindad@msn.com
I at one time thought Reliable was a good place but some of the mechanics have changed and it seems the owner is not around as much to keep thing right, I would not go there anymore. Get gauges of some kind scan gauge is a inexpensive way to go. BPD is in mesa and I think they sell them off the shelf already programed, about 150.00 I think. Diesel filters online for motorcraft or racor filters I have rotella t-6 5-40 in mine at the moment. Find out what your delta beteen EOT-ECT is. I would flush and put cat elc in. Go to the 6.0 forum and read the tech folder from top to bottom lots of info there and alot of great people on the FTE to help with everything.
2007 34' Ragen Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel
ARP's, Dfuser coolant filter, Blue FPR spring,Fumoto valve for oil & block drains, BPD EGR cooler, Edge CTS, Cat EC-1 coolant, 6.4 banjo bolts,HFCM Drain plug
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter

Tags
2000, 2008, arizona, az, diesel, ford, mesa, phoenix, review, shop, shops, sinister, store, strictly, truck