Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

peruses is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone near portland or longview have a diesel compression tester?

I need to get compression numbers on two ford diesel engines and a VW if posible, unfourtunately the cheap kit from harbor freight does not have an adapter that works with the fords. So I was kinda hoping I could borrow one I live in rainier minutes from the longview bridge and am down in portland twice a week for school

could travel a little ways to borrow one but as I don't have the $150 right now for a good kit but the VW goes a long way on a tank of diesel

87 F250 diesel with 89 7.3 and banks turbo
and a few smaller diesel motors
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

JockD has a good reputation on FTE.JockD has a good reputation on FTE.JockD has a good reputation on FTE.
The older Harbor Freight set has the Ford adapters. I can look for the number, but they turn up on Craigslist from time to time.
Jock - 2001 F250 Reg. cab 4X4, 7.3L with CCK, auto, 305,000 mi., homebrew pw and pdl, heated towing mirrors with a timer. Stahl Grand Challenger Utility Box, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Big Rear Sway Bar, Walker BTM + Resonator, headlight relay system with daytime running lights.

Honoring Robin Hurt - Payson PSD
Old 07-04-2010, 02:59 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
compression, diesel, ford, portland, test