Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Sat Sept 25th, 2010 FTE - Fall GTG

Just out of curisousity....is it too early to be thinking about the Fall GTG? I'll be the first to admit it's never to early to be thinking about Fall....Football, cooler weather, football, Champtionship race in certain racing series, football. Oh, and did I mention football is in full swing that time of year?
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Not much of a sports fan here, but I'm game for a GTG. Hope it's a lot cooler than the last one though

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Elder User

Old_Crow is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey, here's a thought. My wife works in the gift store at Blanchard Springs Caverns. If we get enough people together(I think it's 10 or more)we can get a group discount on the cave tours. There's a picnic and swimming area and camp sites too.
If anyone else is into geocaching there's bunch of them in the area, and it's fairly close to Mountain View, where the picking and grinning go on in the courthouse square at night. For the non-campers there's plenty of rooms in town.
Sort of a full service weekend kind of thing. Maybe one last get away before school starts.
Owner, Vince's Vintage Vehicles. Restoration in the Ozarks.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Senior User

Will P is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Hey, here's a thought. My wife works in the gift store at Blanchard Springs Caverns. If we get enough people together(I think it's 10 or more)we can get a group discount on the cave tours. There's a picnic and swimming area and camp sites too.
If anyone else is into geocaching there's bunch of them in the area, and it's fairly close to Mountain View, where the picking and grinning go on in the courthouse square at night. For the non-campers there's plenty of rooms in town.
Sort of a full service weekend kind of thing. Maybe one last get away before school starts.
Man that sounds great! My family loves going the the cavern. We like geocaching too! I'm game for it! Hopefully I'll have the '70 up and running by then too!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thanks for starting this thread Zack,

Its never too early to start talking about the next GTG, sorry I just haven't had time to start this thread..

Someone had mentioned having another meet at the Buffalo river, like we had a few years ago.. heck one of our Sept. meets was in my back yard..

Blanchard Springs is a nice idea too.

Last year on 9/25 it made it to a whopping 81 Degrees... I think I could handle camping in that..

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 06-30-2010, 05:14 AM
Elder User

Heck, I might even have the Scotty ready to travel, even if it is only 20 miles. I'll have to check and see if travel trailers are allowed in Blanchard. If not, I have a friend that has a campground in Sylamore. Come to think of it, this might be better, he's got room for rv's, tents and also some cabins. It's less than 10 miles from the cave. Home
Old 06-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Senior User

bill henry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good morning all. the springs sounds like a good place to me.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Zack,

Its never too early to start talking about the next GTG, sorry I just haven't had time to start this thread..

Someone had mentioned having another meet at the Buffalo river, like we had a few years ago.. heck one of our Sept. meets was in my back yard..

Blanchard Springs is a nice idea too.

Last year on 9/25 it made it to a whopping 81 Degrees... I think I could handle camping in that..
I didn't want to step on someone's toes. I'm trying to think when was the last time I was at Blanchard Springs....got to be close to 20 years...but I don't remember. Are we still shooting for the 25th? So far I'm game for Blanchard Springs...I know my kids would enjoy them selves...and it's not like we'd have to worry about the weather once we went inside.

With starting another new job () I have no clue where or what I'm going to be doing that far out....but it sounds like Blanchard Springs could be fun. Though at 200 +/- miles away from the house..it would be a camping trip for us. Meeting in my back yard would be a bad idea...not enough room and I've got two dogs (one is a Lab) that "use" the backyard.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 07-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Elder User

Zack, if everyone likes Blanchard Springs, I'll talk to my friend who owns a campground about 7 miles from the park and see if we can get some sites. I've been thinking of dragging my little travel trailer down there for the weekend as a shakedown cruise for the truck. Heck, he's even got a nice pavilion he might let us have for the weekend so there's plenty of shade.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Elder User

jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimkidd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's been a while since i was at Blanchard Springs.

WANTED: Someone to go back in time with me. You'll get
paid after we getback. Must bring your own weapons.
Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
www.jimkidd.com
Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Zack, if everyone likes Blanchard Springs, I'll talk to my friend who owns a campground about 7 miles from the park and see if we can get some sites. I've been thinking of dragging my little travel trailer down there for the weekend as a shakedown cruise for the truck. Heck, he's even got a nice pavilion he might let us have for the weekend so there's plenty of shade.
Is this a state park? any pictures online anywhere?

- My Garage -

Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 AM
Elder User

Most of the sites I found on the 'net concentrate on pics of the cave itself. This one has the most pics of the land outside.
Blanchard Springs Caverns - Arkansas - Every Miles A Memory
Come to think of it, there's a pavilion at the park itself. I'll check into that and see if it's available.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

I've been to Blanchard a few times, I was just curious about the campground that your friend owns...

- My Garage -

Old 07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
I've been to Blanchard a few times, I was just curious about the campground that your friend owns...

http://sylamorecreek.com/ A better choice for RV camping for sure. Plenty of room for tents also.

We'd have to have at least 15 people to get a discount on the cave tours. Otherwise it's $10 a head for adults and kids 6-15 are $5.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Come to think of it, there's a pavilion at the park itself. I'll check into that and see if it's available.
This place looks really nice.. any word on the pavilion?

Heck even if we don't make it to the caves, this place looks good.. and a swimming area to boot..

- My Garage -

Old 07-31-2010, 08:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter

Tags
2010, 25, arkansas, pull, september, truck