Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Posting Guru

78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Anyone work at Home Depot or Lowe's?

Since I don't know anyone in Oregon, and badly want to move there:

Any of you guys work at a Home Depot or Lowe's?
I have applications out to all of the Oregon locations I could find, and could use a good word. Could I bribe with rep points, or possibly metal fabrication?

I should qualify with my construction/engineering and customer service background for any general customer service position. And, I should add, I am a very motivated person, and I wouldn't let your good word down.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Do not mean to be a downer, but Oregon's economy is severely depressed as of now, unemployment hovers at around 11%, the family wage wood products jobs that used to keep everyone well employed are long gone now. Most jobs here seem to be in service, retail, tourism and pay poorly, construction has taken a huge hit as well. There are niche jobs you can find if lucky, but the time it takes could be too long. If you are doing well in NV. I would stay there until Oregon pulls out of this recession (made worse by or state gov. politics)..........We once had a politician who said, "Oregonians get a extra paycheck just from our states natural beauty"........try covering the mortgage with that check.
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Posting Guru

78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.78_f800crewcab4x4 has a great reputation on FTE.
Well I have been unemployed for 8 months, my home-building career is long gone too. The recession is severe here as well, I've been back and fourth between California and Nevada with no luck either way. My problem is the only people I know are now unemployed. I know Cali has a much worse economy, and will probably stay bad long after everyone else has recovered because of the liberal spending and high taxes alone. Las Vegas is not far behind.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Try here, maybe it could help?

Employment Department Job Listings

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
the website is workinginoregon.org . there they have imatchskills. but their is only medical,corparate,etc. i have a degree in diesels and there isn't anything out there. and i have been out of work for almost 2 years. i have apps just about everywhere. including home depot and lowe's.
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 06-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Temp agencies can offer a foot in the door at some places, but be warned.......most of the jobs handled by temp agencies are HORRIBLE and tend to be the type that people without visa's (illegals) accept.
Dave
Old 06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
i know and they get hired before you will.
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old93junk View Post
Temp agencies can offer a foot in the door at some places, but be warned.......most of the jobs handled by temp agencies are HORRIBLE and tend to be the type that people without visa's (illegals) accept.
I know about temp agencies-I used to order temps around a jobsite scraping paint off of sidewalks and sweeping debris off streets during Las Vegas summers. Now it seems I'm competing with those same people for the same scarce jobs. My best friend already took his own life last month because he was earning 1/20th of what he had been earning. 110$ part time paychecks don't even cover food. Thank god my mother has a decent job and she can keep her home.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Ever think about Texas?............not much "natural splendor" there, hotter than hell, but thats where the jobs seem to be.....If I was younger, I would consider it. I have been to Cali, lived there 5 yrs in the service and after......you could not PAY me to move back! I love Oregon, its home, theres none better.......but its real hard to be a working guy here.
Dave
Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Post Fiend

i've done it and its not fun.
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER View Post
the website is workinginoregon.org . there they have imatchskills. but their is only medical,corparate,etc. i have a degree in diesels and there isn't anything out there. and i have been out of work for almost 2 years. i have apps just about everywhere. including home depot and lowe's.
Here ya go Jack!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Post Fiend

don i'm have been on umeployment every week. i know all about it. i have to put a job search in every week when i claim. you think i like it.... i really don't like it.
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Posting Guru

we will see... I have drove all of the way up here to Portland, and have gotten through an initial interview, with a second interview scheduled for the morning. This place is pretty awesome.

I think I am going to turn the Bronco into an expedition rig and do off-road tours, I have seen some 4x4 touring trucks driving around, and this could work...maybe.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78_f800crewcab4x4 View Post
we will see... I have drove all of the way up here to Portland, and have gotten through an initial interview, with a second interview scheduled for the morning. This place is pretty awesome.

I think I am going to turn the Bronco into an expedition rig and do off-road tours, I have seen some 4x4 touring trucks driving around, and this could work...maybe.
The tree-hugger enviro ***** will have a fit.........Lots of great off road areas are locked up here to save mosquito breeding habitat!
Much more off road friendly on the east side of the Cascades.
Hope your interview pans out after driving all the way to P-town.
Dave
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Posting Guru

Gage2502 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Gage2502 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have been working at Lowe's for almost two years now, only part time cant find anything in Chicago. I too would like to move to Oregon or somewhere southwest, Chicago is really over rated. How are the taxes and housing prices there. Also would I have a problem registering my V10 there?
Thanks guys
Old 07-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
application, careers, depot, employment, home, interview, job, jobs, listings, lowes, powered, vbulletin, work, worked, working