fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
WOW WTF that real big of Dieselsite.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
teamroper60
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't post much on this forum even though I have been a member for a long time. I have bought stuff from Dieselsite in the past and been happy with it....

What I see here is that the OP asks for opinions on HPOP options. Jason gave his. Then when it isn't some glowing endorsement for one of Bob's products, the guy gets attacked by two people from Dieselsite for it. He didn't offer up a product he sells as an alternative. Yet he is accused of having an agenda. I have seen this happen on several forums (which Jennifer alluded to with her collection of undated posts and no description of the topic those posts were copied from) but conveniently failed to mention they have also initiated similar attacks on each of those forums as well... Bad business practices IMHO.

This topic comes up a lot on ALL PSD forums. Jason is a member of several of those. Just because he responds with his opinion on any one of them or even if it was on all of them is a pitiful excuse for the attacks he has suffered for offering his opinion in a thread that asks for them. Here is a newsflash for you: He is entitled to his opinion and entitled to post it if it is in compliance with that sites rules! The funny thing is, I have yet to see him START a thread running down the Dieselsite pumps. Nor have I seen him directly attack Dieselsite, Bob or even Jennifer, yet now he is even being accused of slander in an obvious, thinly veiled attempt to stop someone from having an opinion (love the legal term, BTW, like that somehow legitimizes the attacks..). Frankly, it leaves me questioning whether I should continue to do business with them.

The simple reality is, if you are in business, you need to expect that there will be people who will not like your products for whatever reason and may actually recommend a competitor. You have to have thick skin. I am glad you are so proud of your product but if you feel the need to lash out at anyone who offers a negative or differing opinion of your product, you probably should consider a different type of work before your health suffers from excessive stress.

Just my $.02

Old 06-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Brown Falcon
Hotshot
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts
Good post Teamroper.

I think a Moderator should shut this one down... it's caused enough problems for a while.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

i am surprised they havent yet

Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon
Good post Teamroper.

I think a Moderator should shut this one down... it's caused enough problems for a while.
I dont know about you guys but this is keeping me on my tows, if we can still get some info out of this I'd still be interested

Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 AM
chicagodragon
Postmaster

Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 PM
jacob_powerhouse
Senior User
Originally Posted by DIESELSITE
jacob_powerhouse,

Would you like to try the Adrenaline before you buy anything? I've done a try before you buy on another site - no reason not to do it here. I can send you a link to the results on the other board if you would like.

In fact, anyone wanting that link please PM Jennifer and she'll shoot it to you. I get tired of people that have never used my pump thinking their opinion should have the same value as someone who has. I have no problem putting my money where my mouth is.

Sorry to trash on your thread Jacob, but this guy and a few others have been on several boards for the last few months trashing this pump every chance they get. While it sells me pumps when they trash me (funny, isn't it?) - it still sucks for the customers that it confuses. I really do apologize and am very happy to let you see for yourself before shelling out the dough. That should tell you that I know what the results of my pumps are and am very confident.

I've been around for years and the people on this board know that they can trust me. This pump ROCKS and no stock pump can come close to comparing in durability or performance.

Let me know,

Bob
ok, i would love to try the hpop. i could use it the truck pulls this year. i got a coworker that doughts it is worth the money. lol.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Tom S
Senior User
Originally Posted by jacob_powerhouse
i know that there are different options like getting a sd hpop. but would it be worth the more extra money for the adrineline hpop or is there a better option?
What are you plans for this truck injector wise? That will better assist you in getting answers on a path to take. What kind of pressures are you seeing now?

A good stock 17 deg pump can run smaller single shot injectors in many cases quite nicely. I have a 17deg pump on my truck with 150cc injectors that works very nice. I am positive that a good Adrenaline pump also would preform nicely as well.

If one really wants to dig into this it pays in my opinion to do some data logging and look at your pressures. I have graphed quite a few data logs for other people and I have personally data logged two trucks with the Adrenaline. I have seen one truck that I personally data logged back to back that had showed a very very nice improvement with an Adrenaline pump and stock split shot injectors which by most accounts are oil hungry. In another case that I personally data logged I did not see as good of results with stock spit shots. I have ridden in an another truck just last weekend with stage two injectors during live tuning that ran very nicely on an Adrenaline.

My point being there might be a variance in the results with the Adrenaline but if you take the time to look at some data it should be clear to you if there was improvement for you or buy looking at your current set up if you need to look at some oil alternatives.

I cannot speak to long term function of the Adrenaline as I have no direct experience with that.

I really like the idea of a test pump on another forum like is going on PSN. That is a great way to get some real feedback from the users on this site. It is also a nice way to try before you buy. Everyone that has tested one so far on that forum has kept the pump as they were happy with what it did for them and the test list is still going.

Lastly in my opinion it is not just about WOT pressure it is also important to have a pump that can build pressure quickly at lower RPM. A good pump on balance system will do that.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IDK, if jacob is talking about me or the other coworker on this site, but all I have to say is wow! Well, not really I have a lot more to say.

First, the only thing i've purchased from dieselsite is the 203* Thermostat, and I love it.
I haven't done any business with DZL JIM yet, but we've emailed back and forth and he was very helpful and when I get the money around, I will do business with him.

I think that quoting others opnions of things such as a HPOP is a bad idea unless you give the whole story. There are way too many factors. A guy that is trying to run II's on a worn out stock 15* that then switches to an Adrenaline will have a very different opinion than a guy that switches from a TE modded 17* to an Adrenaline with stock single shot injectors.

On the arguement or whatever surgar coated name you want to call that, I am inclined to side with the guys that say that Dieselsite is being a bit touchy. I don't think the moderators should shut this down though.

Currently jacob has stock sticks and TW tunes on the stock fuel system, HPOP and turbo.
He talks about stage II's alot though so maybe those are what he wants in the future. Maybe that info will turn this thread in a more productive direction.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Jacob, IF it is stage 2 injectors your wanting do you happen to know what size? Mine are 160cc w/ 80% nozzles and they run great w/ the modded 17* in every aspect that i have come across. i did some videos awhile back showing how fast it builds pressure at low RPM and how well it holds pressure on WOT runs. I don't see 3000psi, but IPR DC doesn't get very high either so i have to attribute that to the tuning. My opinion is if your just going with 160cc stage 2's then the modded 17* is a cheaper alternative and runs great so it gets my vote. nothing against the adrenaline, its just my opinion on it.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:45 PM
jacob_powerhouse
Senior User
i plan on getting some stage 2 injectors, a larger turbo, a intercooler, and an electric fuel system. thats some of the engine upgrades. i want to make sure that i get enough oil pressure when im running high rpms. im not sure what pressures im running at. but i dont think im getting enough. if dieselsite is confident enough in their product to let me try it free then im willing to try it. if i was given an opertunity to try a 17 degree hpop i would. im sure either one would work. but i think that trying a product before i purchase

Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
with just stage 2's you won't need much oil really... modded 17* or adrenaline would work.. either way.. So at this point it is all dependant on how much you want to spend. You will spend more on the adrenaline.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Tom S
Senior User
You guys need to contact your moderators so that they can work with Bob on getting a test program going if everyone is agreeable. It is a nice chance to try it without risk.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:06 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
WoW, I just saw this thread for the first time. I've bought products from three vender's and have had zero customer service from two of them and great customer service from one of them. The two zero's were 'full email boxes' and 'full voicemail' boxes resulting in NO response from them. This translates into 'full accepting of money' with no resulting customer service. Now I have to say the one good customer service vendor is Dieselsite. I will not mention the other two worthless vender's. I've bought a least four products from Bob and have always received what I paid for. I love my adrenaline but don't have anything to compare it to.

Now the rest of the story. I've read Jim's posts for several years now and even though I've never done business with him (except for the scan gauge group buy) I have a good gut feeling for the man. When I need injectors in the future Jim will get my business. Bob, if you didn't notice, I went to your defense but I have to go with the majority here. I think you went overboard but hey, everybody is entitled to their opinion, hint, hint!

Quick Reply: hpop upgrade, ?