Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 01:15 PM
New User

Nitroman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Remove center console in 2002 Sport Trac?

New guy here with my first post. First off this is an excellent site and I'm glad to be a member.

I'm a rural mail carrier and have been looking for a Sport Trac for a work truck. It's size seems to be ideal. I recently found a 2002 model in excellent shape but it has that large console down the center that has an a/c duct in it for the back seat. For me to be able to use this truck, that would have to be completely removed.

Is this possible? I really need to know as that is the only deal breaker I have with this otherwise fine looking truck.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice,
Nitro
Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 PM
New User

Ok, so nobody's got an answer for this. Assuming it CAN be removed, whats inside that thing? is it just a small blower motor to assist in directing air out the rear vents, or is there more to it than that?

Thanks,
Nitro
Old 07-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Postmaster

shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.
I could send you a PDF of the removal procedure if you send me an e-mail address for you. I'll need to know if the truck has the base console or the "high series" console. I'm not sure if what designates the "high series" console in the Sport Trac. I'd guess it will have fan controls for the rear seat passengers as well as possibly radio controls.

-Rod
Old 07-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I hang out on the Sport Trac sites more now. The "high series" is what you have , which BTW is in high demand amongst Sport Trac owners. Join/post it on one of the Sport Trac sites and you'll get a pretty penny for it.
If that's all that's holding you back from the purchase then get it and we'll tell you how to remove the console. I've had mine apart front to back so I'm rather familiar with the model you're looking at. You'll have to PM/email me since you show no contact info.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 07-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Postmaster

shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.shorod has a good reputation on FTE.
The files should be in your inbox. I sent both the base console and high series console instructions as the files ended up quite small.

-Rod
Old 07-04-2010, 11:59 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post
The files should be in your inbox. I sent both the base console and high series console instructions as the files ended up quite small.

-Rod
Files received. Thanks for the info!!

Nitro
Old 08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
New User

mariobie is starting off with a positive reputation.
2001 Ford Explorer Sport Track center console removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorod View Post

-Rod
Hello. My first post on this forum. Glad there is a wealth of information.
I am trying to remove " high series " center console. Is it possible to obtain detailed instructions on how to do that? I tried but I don't want to break anything :-)
Thank you !
Old 08-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Postmaster

Welcome! It is possible, but the same steps need to be followed that I mentioned above.

-Rod
Old 08-08-2014, 12:52 AM
New User

Hello. Thank you but I am sorry. I do not see the steps you've mentioned above?
Old 08-08-2014, 07:44 AM
Postmaster

I need an e-mail address to send the files to.

You can send the e-mail address in a Private Message. Left click on my username in one of the above posts, then select "Send a Private Message to...." In the Private Message include the vehicle details (year and model - Explorer, Sport, or Sport Trac), the instructions you're looking for, and an e-mail address for you that can accept PDF files.

-Rod
Old 08-08-2014, 09:17 AM
New User

Thank you Sir but I can't sent PM for now. Must meet some criteria first ( # of posts, days on this site ). Will do as soon as I am allowed to sent PM. Thank you for your help
Old 08-08-2014, 09:17 AM