6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Horrible accident - Accord vs. F350

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Horrible accident - Accord vs. F350

This is not really a 6.7L thread but it's good to know our trucks serve us well in the worst of circumstances. Take some time to hug your kids and then teach them the consequences of driving badly or staying the the car with someone who does.

Note the photo of the truck after the crash.

ksl.com - 5 killed in head-on collision in Weber County

Condolences to the families.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:22 PM
sawtooth
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the post. I have two young ones not yet driving. i plan to show them this then give them a hug. This is very sad and just shows bad stuff can happen quickly when bad decisions are made.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
Very ugly indeed, God speed

Old 06-30-2010, 09:14 AM
camperboy
Junior User
Very sad. Of course condolences.

Also a reminder of the damage that these trucks can inflict, and the protection they offer. Especially for young people. Just this week a motorcyclist nearly hit the front corner as he cut me off. I was traveling at highways speeds at the time and had he hit... it would have been over for him. Truck + 10K trailer would have gone over him.

Now a question. Does the F350 look lifted?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM
homepukes
Senior User
Didn't get a good close up of the truck but it didn't appear to be damaged too badly. I feel bad for everyone involved. As the driver of the truck that would be a hard thing to live with even though it wasn't his fault.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
This is a very sad sight but this is also why i want my kids in atleast a 3/4ton truck

Old 07-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Chris1450
Senior User
This is why I just can't understand how a parent can put a new driver in a small car. It blows me away that parents have such little regaurd to there children who are still learning to drive... young ones who think they are invincable. Sad any way you look at it. A 5 star crash rating is meaningless in a small car vs. a pickup.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:07 PM
astamp78
Senior User
Originally Posted by Chris1450
This is why I just can't understand how a parent can put a new driver in a small car. It blows me away that parents have such little regaurd to there children who are still learning to drive... young ones who think they are invincable. Sad any way you look at it. A 5 star crash rating is meaningless in a small car vs. a pickup.
I suppose on the other hand, those kids could have been loaded in an Excursion and passed illegally slamming head on into a mini-van with a family in it. There is no good answer, but giving someone who is willing to do what this young driver did an even bigger vehicle may post a bigger hazard to those around him who are driving safely. There is no right answer I suppose except parents teaching and forcing their kids to drive safe and to not be in a car with someone who doesn't.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah, there's a lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda's involved here. The one thing that is for certain is that the driver was not qualified to be driving. Due to inexperience, ignorance or just plain a callous disregard for the people around them, this person's decision to drive the way they did destroyed and irreparably damaged the lives of dozens of people. We all did bone-headed things when we were teenagers but this time the action had consequences.

My take-away here is to make sure I am a better driver today than I was yesterday. I will also take this time to make sure that my family and friends know about this and resolve in their own lives to do better as well. Maybe, just maybe, we can avert a crash or two as a result.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM
sandmanf250
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the insurance companys are looking at us bcause we survive these tragic accidents and also at them because they are to small and unsafe against us. i smell an increase if your to big and another one if your to small.in short they win we lose.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Louisville Joe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 113 Likes on 84 Posts
Don't go thinking you are invincible in a Super Duty. These trucks do not, in my opinion, have a very strong cab when it comes to a roll over.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM
sealboy84
Senior User
Unfortunately having a great big truck can be dangerous as well...

Report: Driver in fatal crash admits to drinking - The Santa Fe New Mexican

Notice the truck drove all the way up on the back of the car. Just please don't drink and drive.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:47 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe
Don't go thinking you are invincible in a Super Duty. These trucks do not, in my opinion, have a very strong cab when it comes to a roll over.
Yes, I saw a 2008 after it rolled over and the roof was flat, level with the top of the seats. I usually tell people that ride with me, if we go off the road put your head down.

In a mass vs. mass collision I feel safe, but you don't want to roll one of these trucks.

Old 03-04-2023, 07:37 PM
Johnr Roberts
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Yeah, there's a lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda's involved here. The one thing that is for certain is that the driver was not qualified to be driving. Due to inexperience, ignorance or just plain a callous disregard for the people around them, this person's decision to drive the way they did destroyed and irreparably damaged the lives of dozens of people. We all did bone-headed things when we were teenagers but this time the action had consequences.

My take-away here is to make sure I am a better driver today than I was yesterday. I will also take this time to make sure that my family and friends know about this and resolve in their own lives to do better as well. Maybe, just maybe, we can avert a crash or two as a result.
A victim's father, still in obviously in grief, said, "No one should feel responsible for the crash because accidents happen". I'm sure he would had said differently if the Accord driver had survived. What about those injured in the Ford that got hit?

Old 03-05-2023, 01:43 AM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,592 Likes on 1,297 Posts
The accident and this thread are from 2010.

Quick Reply: Horrible accident - Accord vs. F350