1975 F100 stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 AM
MWDG3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1975 F100 stolen

Hello gentlemen,

Last week I learned my '75 F100 4x4 was stolen from Billy Young 4x4 in Tulsa. He was going to do some work to the front axle and noticed it missing. Thursday I filed a police report. I've aquired the build sheet from Ford along with a larger folder full of receipts and info. If this isn't apropriate for the forum I apologize. Just don't know where to start.

If you guys know of a good place to post this info or have any advice please email me. If anyone runs across this truck please email me at mwdg3@yahoo.com or 918-606-9888

VIN - F11YUV22947 Tag - 855 BAZ

This is the truck as I picked it up in OKC last summer, roll bar stayed with previous owner.

Right side, note damage to the fender well and front bottom of the door skin. Also I installed a new battery, box, clamp, radiator with new shroud all from Obsolete in OKC. The shroud does have a hairline crack front to back on top dead center.

Note the mirror still has the skulls, probably not too many F100 4x4's with this type of mirror. My buddies told me to get rid of it, just never got around to it.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:34 AM
CalebJns
Posting Guru
Man that stinks...I hope you find it, It is a good looking truck...Don't know how far East they get, but possible Overhaulin? Have you been talking about rebuilding it a lot. etc...that would be a great blessing in the end!
Back on a serious note...shouldn't the garages insurance cover it? I know that they aren't going to go find you one just like it, and drop it off at your house, but they should be somewhat responsible for it...
Good Luck, keep us informed on your findings...

Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 AM
pcskies
Junior User
Sorry to hear about your truck.

If it was me I would take the info and pictures you have above and post it on your local Craigslist in the cars and trucks section for starters. That would help you get the word out to the local area. Did the shop have a security camera system by chance? Any other businesses around that possibly did? It probably isn't a residential area but are there any houses around? Even if it happened at night, someone might have seen or heard something? I would start by knocking on doors. Sort of be your own detective.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
MWDG3
New User
Thanks guys. It's a business area, and rotten one at that.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
Hope you find your truck in one piece. Is there any way the business would not cover the value of it through there insurance since it was stolen on there property? try the newspaper an local auto traders put a ad in there an see if anybody saw it an maybe check with the DMV an tell them bout it an see what they say.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:21 AM
dynamic
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Man that SUCKS....

I would be checking the local business for cameras that point out to the street and ask them to help you out! This may take some time and lots of effort, but it may help you find your truck. Unfortunatley the "cops" are too busy handing out tickets for traffic violations to be bothered with your truck.

The shop that was fixing your truck should pony up some money for the loss. Obviously this will not replace your truck and im sure their is some time frame that has to pass before the insurance co will stroke a check.

Good luck...

Old 06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Man that stinks. I feel bad for you, but definitely take the advice of some of these posts. Go and b***h your a** off to that shop that was fixing your truck. While they are fixing it, it's their repsonsibility.

I wouldn't let them get an ounce of sleep if they let my dentside get stolen from me.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Bowtie_Schmowtie
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unfortunately, most if not all shops have signs posted that say "Not responsible for loss due to fire or theft." Every shop I've been in over the past week has had them up everywhere.

So, I don't think you'll get very far with the shop itself. Your best bet is to get the word out locally as others have suggested. Keep a constant eye on your local classifieds...both print and online. Be on the lookout for ads for this generation of truck, and, I hate to say it, parts that are advertised for this generation of truck.

Also, at least once a week, take the time to call around to every junkyard in whatever radius you are comfortable with and ask them if anyone has brought in your truck. Better yet, go around to every junkyard personally and give them a flyer with all the info (especially the VIN) and detail pictures. Maybe they would help you keep an eye out for it.

Best of luck in finding your truck AND the rat who stole it.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
ToughestTruckBuilt
Junior User
If anyone ever stole my truck I would be emotionally destroyed. I hope you get it back. Lots of Jeeps get stolen in my Jeep club and a lot of times they are able to recover the vehicle...even this close to Mexico. Good thing you aren't here on the border, a truck like that would be in Mexico before anyone saw it was gone. Our dentsides are VERY popular down there. Good luck!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 AM
sixtyfive_ford
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Locally over the past few years we have had several wrecking yards towing off cars and piecing them out and then smashing them for metal. No one was the wiser because they would tow them off with a wrecker. I would call local wreckers looking for certain parts as if you intend to buy(axles, engine, tranny bed). I had a 79 f250 stolen 10years ago after it wouldn't start in the grocery store parking lot and I left it for the night. Still haven't seen it. I wish you the best luck.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
MWDG3
New User
Updated post with vin and tag.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Kalve
Posting Guru
did you hear anything bout your truck?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:02 PM
MWDG3
New User
Nope, not yet.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
MWDG3
New User
Found my truck, guys. Tulsa PD called Tuesday July 27. They were just notified by Tulsa County Sheriff my truck was recovered JUNE 25 and is at Spears Wrecker in Sand Springs. TPD made certain I understood they JUST found out. A certain County supervisor who is supposed to be calling me about the $670 in storage fees is completely impossible to get on the phone. Spears admited she called Thursday July 29 to talk him down on the bill, he refused(apparently not too interested in future business from the county). Same day I was told she is out of the office until Monday. Seems there may be legalities preventing the Sheriff's department from telling me they aren't responsible, thus the run around. I hope to find out next week.

Before....

After....

It's intact and trashed. The bed and cab are full of trash.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:26 PM
Nick_Good
Freshman User
I know they trashed it, but at least you got it back. It just really sucks what they did to it.
-Nick

Quick Reply: 1975 F100 stolen