Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
MA Ford truck Mechanic?

Any good ones around who know about and like working on the old IDI trucks? I've literally flagged a guy down on the street and asked him where he had his 7.3 worked on, and he said, "I don't know, I've never had a problem with it!" You can do a lot yourself with these, but it'd be nice to have the pump properly timed, and to have a number in case of disaster.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I'm assuming that you're looking for someone closer than Greenfield.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Elder User

c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.c4barnes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That'd be ideal, but if it's the only good one, then it might have to be an option. I'm pretty sure it's dry in the Boston area, but if I could find one in the Chelmsford/Lowell area where I work, that'd be fine. There's a Ford tech advertising for side work on craigslist, but he didn't answer my inquiry.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
All the good techs that I know already have as much side work as they can handle. Let me know how you make out.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Elder User

Thanks Ken. Makes sense, as a good one is hard to find. Maybe I ought to hit the Rotunda catalog and go into business myself - no way I could do any worse than the last a*****e I took it to! If I find one and have a good experience, I'll post here.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Elder User

Anyone dealt with the Auto Clinic in Pepperell?
Old 07-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Senior User

Pro DIY is starting off with a positive reputation.
When it is something that I am not able to do myself I bring my super duty and expy to a guy in Groton. I know what you are thinking when hear the name Groton. This guy must be expensive. But he's not. His name is Ernest Piper and the name of his place is Piper's Foreign and Domestic Motors. I don't think he's a diesel tech but he has worked on my powerstroke and fixed it. In my mind he is a good honest general machanic and will get you in and out as quick as he can. What sold me on this guy is once I had to drive out to buffalo, NY and the day before my trip the pinion bearing went on the rear axle on the SD. He was the only guy that I called that would work on it right away. I dropped it off that night. He worked on it all day with a full on flu, I picked up the truck at 11:30pm the night I was leaving. I like to drive at night so that worked for me. That showed me that he cares about his work and his customers. Hope this helps
Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Elder User

Good to know - thanks. It's more helpful than I've found!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Junior User

X JBM X is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mass Diesel is a place that I've heard of that is supposed to do decent work.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:56 AM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Let me know if I can help. I will be moving to Leicester soon and I have AE so we should be able to diagnose almost anything.
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:09 AM
WHAT, ME WORRY?

PSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant futurePSD DickW has a brilliant future
Mass Diesel in Walpole does real good work...I use them for all my work!
Dick...Slackmaster #29/Avid Winter Hater!!!
Member of the Massachusetts Chapter
"We get too soon old and too late smart"
PJ - RIP
FORD POWERSTROKE DIESEL..WHEN THE TURBO SPOOLS THE BS ENDS!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Elder User

Thanks for the replies - Mass Diesel isn't too far from me actually. I feel much better now.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Elder User

& btw, Dick! Where you been!? Good to see you around. I'm contacting Mass Diesel now, since they're close by. Mega, thanks for the offer, and I'll be in touch if plan #45c doesn't work out. I'm a good 50 miles from ya.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:24 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Your welcome if you change your mind let me know 50 miles is not bad. What do you need done?
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Elder User

No, it ain't, considering I limped it back from CO! Off the top of a very long list, I'm rebuilding the fuel system and will eventually need to get it timed when I get the pump and injectors put on. I also am pretty sure I have an exhaust manifold leak on the driver's side, so I'll need to pull that and install a pyro while I'm at it. My gut feeling is that if I find someone who has the slightest interest in these old trucks, it won't be hard to sort out. But in this day where shops have to plug in a car and spit out a bill to survive, that hasn't been so easy.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Massachusetts Chapter

Tags
ford, ma, mass, massachusetts, mechanic, technician, truck