Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
xmdxredeem3r
How to take the dash apart??

I am having issues with the auto leveling suspension and I think I have it narrowed down to the module in the dash.I replaced the compressor, both airbags, the fitting by the brake master cylinder with a spiderjr., and the relay for the compressor. I hooked it up to AutoEnginuity and I keep getting a code for the relay, but looking at the trouble shooting procedure from Ford it states that it could also be the module. The relay is brand new and so I am thinking it's the module I have never taken a dash in one of these apart, and I don't want to bust it up obviously, so does anyone have a good write-up of how to take the dash apart on a 2000 Expy?

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 06-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Why would you take the dash apart to get at the module? Where do you think it is?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Senior User

deanjet is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had my dash half way apart once....

I'll never do that again!

There are much better ways to spend an afternoon
Old 06-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Aw quit complaining. At least you got a chance to clean the gunk out of the cracks.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
xmdxredeem3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Why would you take the dash apart to get at the module? Where do you think it is?
My friend who is a mechanic that has done a few of these said that it's in the dash right next to the radio. You tell me where it is.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Senior User

RedHorse1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow! And I thought the insides of a gopher was nasty looking.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Senior User

jdecker is starting off with a positive reputation.
The Module is right above the radio, you'll only need to remove the cluster panel to get to it
Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Senior User

deanjet is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecker View Post
The Module is right above the radio, you'll only need to remove the cluster panel to get to it
I just did this 2 weeks ago, but my memory is a little fuzzy. This will get you in the right direction....
Grab to vents to the left and right of the radio and pull. I think the module is above that. If so, remove the headlight switch (insert screw driver at bottom), remove screw behind the headlight switch and then pull the drivers vent off. Now pull the little panel between the top of the steering column and below the instrument panel (it snaps in). Now take off the piece of plastic that wraps 3/4 of the way around the instrument panel. Now remove a few more screws to take the large plastic cover off that goes from the left side of the dash to the center just above the radio. Now you should see it.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Posting Guru

madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Cluster removal instructions can be found here:
Expedition
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)

Old 06-23-2010, 06:43 PM