2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
I have a 07 Expy EL and need to replace rear struts. Ride is ok but they are make terrible noise when loaded. I had them replaced under warranty but warranty is out now and I am looking for something other than OEM as these have not lasted. I have roll stability control so I am not sure of functionality of RSC on aftermarket. Any ideas? Also any experience on replacing struts? Procedure?
CAUTION: Suspension fasteners are critical parts because they affect performance of vital components and systems and their failure may result in major service expense. New parts must be installed with the same part numbers or equivalent part, if replacement is necessary. Do not use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Torque values must be used as specified during reassembly to make sure correct retention of these parts.
1. Remove the lower arm.
2. Remove and discard the shock absorber upper mount nuts.
o To install, tighten to 40 Nm (30 lb-ft).
3. Remove the shock absorber and spring assembly.
4. NOTE: If the individual spring and/or shock components are not being serviced, continue with Step 7. NOTE: For reference during assembly, index the upper mount, spring and shock absorber. Using a suitable spring compressor, compress the spring until the tension is released from the shock absorber.
5. While holding the shock rod, remove the nut and washer.
o Remove the shock absorber.
o Discard the nut.
o To install, tighten to 56 Nm (41 lb-ft).
6. Remove the upper mount, dust boot and insulator.
7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
PM me and I can email your the diagrams.
1978 F250 Lariat 4x2
2008 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x2
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.