S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

CARB diesel rules under fire

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,595 Likes on 1,300 Posts
CARB diesel rules under fire

Read more here, looks like this could unwind.

San Diego Source > Construction > CARB to amend diesel regulations

If you are into making noise, this would be a good time, as the AG should be investigating and he wants to be gov, my God what a disaster if that happens....

Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CARB will do all they can to discredit the AGC's study I'm sure...after all, what do they know about how many vehicles are being used? [/sarcasm]

Not looking forward to Gov. Moonbeam V2.0

Old 05-15-2010, 01:33 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Just to clarify for anyone who did not read the article, this has nothing to do with smog checks on our personal trucks. Completely different issue, and we are still screwed.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Serg450
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to the guy that smogs our cars this weekend. He said that there really isn't a standard for diesels yet. No training or anything. The smog tech's take an online course that he said was bullsh??. He also said that is it for the most part visual. So I asked him what he looked for. He said he has to hit the throttle three time and check for black smoke. By the time he gets to the back of the truck there is no smoke so he passes them. I thought it was rather funny.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Old 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by ahnuld
"The effort to suspend AB32 is the work of greedy oil companies who want to keep polluting in our state and making profits," Schwarzenegger said
^^^^^^^This guy makes me ill.

Say what you will about Gale Banks (and I do ) but at least he's trying to fight this stuff, even though his motivation for doing so isn't entirely altruistic.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:29 PM
orng1
Postmaster
Well if they are really concerned with environmental effects tell the volcano to stop. Oh and maybe the idiots at BP too.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Smog laws have NEVER been about the environment. Its all just a fundraiser and to get the votes of the eco nuts.

When I was putting the supercharged 3.8L motor in my 89 ranger I had to go to the CA BAR referee. Truck passed the sniffer test on the 1st try. It took 6 more times (paying each time) for it to pass the VISUAL inspection. He went so far as to make me swap out a generic brand vacuum solenoid for one with a Ford logo on it. No difference in parts other than one had a Ford logo and cost $35 instead of $7.

It was at this point I realized just how much BS was behind our smog laws that the ****ing demoncraps pass off as "pushing for a cleaner environment." It's all just a scam and a fundraiser.

At that point I started buying pre smog vehicles and I haven't looked back

The government is doing all they can to push any industry out of CA - in the name of "green" but at the expense of taxpayer jobs.

We NEED to stop Feinstein, Boxer and the liberal POS's that are in office!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok - rant over. Think this issue hits a nerve of mine??????

Old 05-19-2010, 03:33 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
If need be, provide transportation to the polls for any and all that feel as you do.

I can't believe that the average Californian thinks like an "enviro-****", and instead is simply too apathetic to go vote against them when given the opportunity.

Then look what we get. Who's fault is that?

Pop

Old 05-19-2010, 03:51 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
I can't believe that the average Californian thinks like an "enviro-****"
I'm not saying they do, but "green" is the new buzz word and is being forced down our throats be legislators and the media.

Don't get me wrong - I live "greener" that most but I don't go off telling others they need to do so, blah, blah, blah. I just hate the bad rap (scape goat comes to mind) the automobile gets in this "global warming" and "green living" age.

Read up on the bozo who conducted the "investigation" and reports on CA's need to smog diesels. Guy has no credentials and was paid to make it look like we need to smog the stuff. Total BS and as I said - just another fund raiser attempt for our broke a-- idiotic government.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:59 PM
T8R
Laughing Gas
To be polite about this... I really only see a few ways for this to go. a) enough people get angry to do something about it, b) there aren't enough intelligent folks left to do something about it and things continue to get worse, until it's no longer profitable to even bother considering doing business in this state or c) ignorance and apathy continue to run rampant, the blissfully ignorant and constitutionally irreverent outnumber the rest of us and even bigger idiots prolong the problem and make it worse by deciding to bail out the already failing system... until those of us with trucks, guns or a love of personal freedom are forced to realize that we can't legally have any of these things here in CA... and opt to live somewhere that our tax dollars aren't spent regulating into submission the few pleasures and freedoms we have left.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:01 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
YouTube - Diesel CARB test

companys are up rootingand leaving the sate. Taking there jobs with them. Trucks arnt rollong in like they should. the guy that came up with this like said befor has no nolige for how diesels work. we are lossing jobs over this cost for said company it not vibale for them to operate in this state. there isnt a company to replace the company.