Ford Lockpicks - dvd/nav

Old 09-10-2010, 01:13 AM
DBags
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heavysledz:

Thanks. How much did it cost. I used my sync for the first time tonight as I drove my truck home the 300 miles from the dealer. SWEEEEET! Only thing that would make it better is to have it unlocked for sure. What was the installation like?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Zixxer
Tuned
Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Two boys; 12 and 14.

This subject has been beat to death.

Tell me how much of a pain it is to have you and/or your family in the hospital because of distracted driving (you or someone else).

While I am totally against the government telling us what to do in the privacy of our homes, I am completely for them regulating what you can do when you're on public roadways.

If you think the feature is useless, then you don't know anything about Sync and it's integration with the Nav system. If you don't like it, don't pay for it. It's your choice.

Bottom line: it's illegal and stupid to have DVD player in the driver's view or provide a means to enter a street address while the vehicle is in motion.
What I think is stupid is not having the ability to have my wife enter an address while in the passenger seat. Or listening to the superbowl sounds of the DVD that won't play?

Not everyone that wants to unlock those features is looking to risk life and limb.....just would be nice not to have to pull over. Sync is nice but not perfect.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Heavysledz
Junior User
Originally Posted by DBags
Heavysledz:

Thanks. How much did it cost. I used my sync for the first time tonight as I drove my truck home the 300 miles from the dealer. SWEEEEET! Only thing that would make it better is to have it unlocked for sure. What was the installation like?
I got lucky and picked up a lightly used one on eBay for $175.00. Otherwise, full price is $239.00 (I think). Installation/setup took all of 15 minutes once I figured out how to get access to the back of the nav unit.

Just pop out the panels circled in red in the picture below and then undo the 7mm screws that hold on the center simulated wood grain trim piece and then remove the 4 screws that hold on the nav unit.... the rest is included in the Lockpic instructions....

Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Zixxer
Tuned
Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
Anyone having any issues running a vehicle health report after installing the lockpick?

Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Heavysledz
Junior User
Originally Posted by Zixxer
Anyone having any issues running a vehicle health report after installing the lockpick?
I just ran one without issue.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Brad Bolz
New User
Camera Systems & Recording LockPicks

I like the LockPick being able to enable 2 cameras using the existing view screen in my truck. Does anyone have a way to continous loop record what the cameras are seeing?

Can this system accept 4 cameras? I'd like to have cameras forward, rear and each side.

Also, the advantage of sideview cameras while towing through downtown Atlanta.....whoopee! Way Cool!

Anyone with input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Brad

Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 PM
RckyMntnKng
Senior User
I had a NOT so great experience with Coastal Tech...

I ordered a lockpick for $243 with shipping for an 08 ford (360-1 non hard drive model) and spent an afternoon installing it. My nav radio did not create a "DVD" button so that I could access the A/V source attached to the Lockpick Module. I could however use the remote to switch to the video sources and it would show whatever video was input minus the sound.

I called up customer service figuring I missed something. The tech told me they had learned that the radio in 08's didnt actually have the capability to create the "DVD" button and so the Audio inputs would not be available, just the 2 video (Whats the point of DVD player without sound?) I know I can use the AUX port, but I wanted a cleaner install....

I then asked If i could return the unit since it doesnt do what is advertised -

For non-hard drive (no jukebox feature)
FORD/LINCOLN/MERCURY navigation systems
2006-2009

Creates rear entertaiment DVD/AUX mode for a SECOND VIDEO INPUT complete with a STEREO AUDIO INPUT - ready for your iPod / iPhone, DVD player or any other multimedia source - Plays on your factory screen with sound through your factory sound system

I said ok, I will uninstall the unit and call to get the return info when i have it out and ready to come back - sure no prob yes..

Well I spent another afternoon taking the radio back out, changing out the ribbons etc and called for the return and get nailed with shipping again and a 15% restocking fee so Im out another $50.

I asked very nicely if they really thought I should pay the fees beings that they advertise it working on my specefic model, and when i call they admit they know it doesnt work on my model. They said yes send it back and take the fee's, no budging on that, you agreed to them at purchase -Totally F'ed up.

I wont ever buy from them again, nor will I ever recomend them to a friend. Dishonest A-holes - sorry for the rant. Buy at your own risk!

-RMK

Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM
12bash
New User
[quote=RckyMntnKng;9837337]I had a NOT so great experience with Coastal Tech...

Anyone know if the NU-FRD 1 from PAC alows the addition of multiple cameras?

Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 AM
vipersinu2
Junior User
Originally Posted by RckyMntnKng
I had a NOT so great experience with Coastal Tech...

I ordered a lockpick for $243 with shipping for an 08 ford (360-1 non hard drive model) and spent an afternoon installing it. My nav radio did not create a "DVD" button so that I could access the A/V source attached to the Lockpick Module. I could however use the remote to switch to the video sources and it would show whatever video was input minus the sound.

I called up customer service figuring I missed something. The tech told me they had learned that the radio in 08's didnt actually have the capability to create the "DVD" button and so the Audio inputs would not be available, just the 2 video (Whats the point of DVD player without sound?) I know I can use the AUX port, but I wanted a cleaner install....

I then asked If i could return the unit since it doesnt do what is advertised -

I said ok, I will uninstall the unit and call to get the return info when i have it out and ready to come back - sure no prob yes..

Well I spent another afternoon taking the radio back out, changing out the ribbons etc and called for the return and get nailed with shipping again and a 15% restocking fee so Im out another $50.

I asked very nicely if they really thought I should pay the fees beings that they advertise it working on my specefic model, and when i call they admit they know it doesnt work on my model. They said yes send it back and take the fee's, no budging on that, you agreed to them at purchase -Totally F'ed up.

I wont ever buy from them again, nor will I ever recomend them to a friend. Dishonest A-holes - sorry for the rant. Buy at your own risk!

-RMK
your right it does not creat a dvd input, how ever the AUX now says entertainment enabled, I also had no sound, I called up coastal and tech support just had me put the input to sirus and everything works perfectly, the radio does not need to be on "dvd" for the coastal lock pick to work,

here is a link to my installation!

coastal tech lockpick backup camera, 2007 mercury mountaineer - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®

Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM
jrez2001
New User
Ford Lockpick and factory backup camera

Has anybody had an issue with installing the Ford Lockpick and the factory backup camera being disabled?

I purchased a brand new lock pick from Coastal Tech for my Ford F250 (2012) and now my factory backup camera does not work. Also, I installed a front camera and it doesn't work either. When I put the truck in reverse, the screen doesn't even change. All the other functions seem to work ok (DVD in motion, NAV in motion) just my camera went on the "fritz."

I have an e-mail in to Coastal Tech, but just wondering if this is an easy issue....doesn't seem to be, though.

thanks for your help....

Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Hessdawg
Freshman User
I've used this company a bunch and they work great